• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 40watt

Free Thinking American
    Jan 12, 2013
    Halethorpe Area
    I remember there was some talk about October 1st 2019 becoming a new law into effect concerning 80% lowers or as the "Demos" like to call them "Ghost guns". Are we now supposed to engrave our lowers with name, build date,etc to be "legal" and fore go confiscation? Is this what I take away from b.s. conversation at work with others?

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    NP.

First 80%, Serial Number 1.

Second 80%, Serial Number 1.

Third 805, Serial Number 1....

Repeat as necessary

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    Last MDGA session's bill that didn't pass would have simply banned possession of anything made post 1968 (when Federal GCA of 1986 required S/Ns on new firearms, it wasn't required before that) that didn't have a S/N on it issued by a licensed manufacturer or importer. In other words, it would have banned any modern home builds. It failed last year, but expect to see it again this session.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Last MDGA session's bill that didn't pass would have simply banned possession of anything made post 1968 (when Federal GCA of 1986 required S/Ns on new firearms, it wasn't required before that) that didn't have a S/N on it issued by a licensed manufacturer or importer. In other words, it would have banned any modern home builds. It failed last year, but expect to see it again this session.

Thank God I’ve totally lied about the stuff I allegedly built.

357Max

Feb 28, 2019
    Crownsville
    My Grandpa built a few 80%ers in 1967, been handed down 2 generations now:brows:
    Grandpa was a real patriot, I miss him:patriot:

We need a new slogan for this years MGA

2018 = "We have more patriots then you have hand cuffs"......they didn't get it!
    2019 = "We will not comply"......apparently they didn't get that either!

2020??? How about this....."You violate the 2nd we'll invoke the 2nd!":draw:

All Joking aside, I would actually wear that shirt proudly (less the pistol draw emoji).

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    My Grandpa built a few 80%ers in 1967, been handed down 2 generations now:brows:
    Grandpa was a real patriot, I miss him:patriot:

We need a new slogan for this years MGA

2018 = "We have more patriots then you have hand cuffs"......they didn't get it!
    2019 = "We will not comply"......apparently they didn't get that either!

2020??? How about this....."You violate the 2nd we'll invoke the 2nd!":draw:

All Joking aside, I would actually wear that shirt proudly (less the pistol draw emoji).

I would not imply violence. Just resistance/non-compliance. It’s a national movement and very effective.

My opinion only.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    I would not imply violence. Just resistance/non-compliance. It’s a national movement and very effective.

My opinion only.

"Caesar had his Brutus, Charles the First his Cromwell, and the Maryland General Assembly...

may profit by their example.

If this be treason, make the most of it."

40watt

Free Thinking American
    Jan 12, 2013
    Halethorpe Area
    Oh...

Now I see said the blind man, to his deaf wife. Roger on having to buy them from a gun dealer because no one has the complicated machinery available to build such a thing. Also the same goes for that alleged act. Thank you gentlemen answered all my questions with your feedback and responses.

Last edited:

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Built?
    Everyone knows you can't build those things.
    They come from the store.

Ironically my polymer 80 G17 I did actually bugger and the bill pushed me in to getting a G17 serialized lower just in case. Everyone has a line and I’ll vote and speak out...but an 80% ban isn’t my line, even if I think it’s too far and an infringement. Helps the only one I own I messed up a little so it wasn’t 100% reliable. It’ll go in to a burn barrel if the law ever ends up passing in its current form.

I’ll be fighting against the unconstitutional law until such a point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom