• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Please point me to wherever you got your crystal ball from. Seriously though, I fail to see how Trump can be blamed for lack of anything getting done. The blame falls squarely in the laps of Ryan and McConnell. These two and their ilk will be responsible if the Dems regain the majority.

And seriously, the Debbie Downer stuff gets real old after a while. What people fail to realize, is the fact that the Dems are getting desperate at this point. Decades old sexual harassment claims are only going to work for so long.

As do delusions the Bill is nothing more than theater without a chance.

pilot25

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2016
    Well, I'm not 100% sure that Jones won't vote for the reciprocity act (I know people in Alabama who know him who say that he is generally pro-guy). It's more that recent poor performance by Republicans is indicating that Democrats can hold firm and filibuster without facing negative consequences in 2018.

I think you are right. I see Jones like Trump. If anyone else ran against them they probably would have lost. If Jones has half a brain he will realize his good fortune and not misrepresent the majority of AL. However, Dems think differently and I point to Manchin in WV. I think he is going to get booted in 2018. He needs to buck the Dem trend too but only has on a few issues.

It makes for interesting entertainment but I'm all but done with the GOP. I'm tired of Mcconnell and Ryan's lack of leadership to get idiots like McCain and Collins in line. Additionally, they never respected the will of the people and take stock of themselves after Trump won. I never followed politics until this election and now I know why.

GlocksAndPatriots

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 29, 2016
    I think you are right. I see Jones like Trump. If anyone else ran against them they probably would have lost. If Jones has half a brain he will realize his good fortune and not misrepresent the majority of AL. However, Dems think differently and I point to Manchin in WV. I think he is going to get booted in 2018. He needs to buck the Dem trend too but only has on a few issues.

It makes for interesting entertainment but I'm all but done with the GOP. I'm tired of Mcconnell and Ryan's lack of leadership to get idiots like McCain and Collins in line. Additionally, they never respected the will of the people and take stock of themselves after Trump won. I never followed politics until this election and now I know why.

Right, the question really is whether the Democrats are willing to die on the anti-concealed carry hill. I think they are, because recent elections in Virginia have shown that you can be very anti-gun and still win. The country is no longer 25% conservative, 25% liberal with 50% center-right. It's now about 45% conservative, 45% liberal, and 10% center.

pilot25

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2016
    Right, the question really is whether the Democrats are willing to die on the anti-concealed carry hill. I think they are, because recent elections in Virginia have shown that you can be very anti-gun and still win. The country is no longer 25% conservative, 25% liberal with 50% center-right. It's now about 45% conservative, 45% liberal, and 10% center.

Sad but true and the 45% on either side are moving farther and farther apart.

I'll give Trump some credit. His instinct to support Strange over Moore was accurate. If Strange was the nominee I think it would have been a no nothing election win. If any Senate seat was a slam dunk Republican win it was this one. People need to start paying attention to primaries instead of letting the far right and left constitutants control who the nominee is.

I really hope the NRA has some magic to sway some Dems.

mad scientist

Jul 13, 2013
    WV now
    It would seem to me that if national reciprocity gets passed with a home state provision, then when most of the country can legally carry in MD but most Marylanders cannot that would be a solid basis for a lawsuit against "Good and Substantial"

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    He's a new MD resident. He tried to organize a demonstration in Annapolis that was ill conceived and was in conflict with other activities more experienced 2A activists have been planning.

He cancelled his demonstration after no one seemed interested in his demonstration.

Other activists here took his place and held a better event.

Search on Patriot Picket

Knuckle66

One of the 365
    Mar 11, 2012
    Hagerstown
    gotcha thanks! sounds like he needs to join MSI and start paying attention to this board. I still can't believe people willingly move into this state...

GlocksAndPatriots

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 29, 2016
    Sad but true and the 45% on either side are moving farther and farther apart.

I'll give Trump some credit. His instinct to support Strange over Moore was accurate. If Strange was the nominee I think it would have been a no nothing election win. If any Senate seat was a slam dunk Republican win it was this one. People need to start paying attention to primaries instead of letting the far right and left constitutants control who the nominee is.

I really hope the NRA has some magic to sway some Dems.

Agreed with this. But the main point is that running people like Obama or Elizabeth Warren used to be a sure fire way to lose. Now it's not. So you get extreme candidates only. There are no more conservative Democrats and very few liberal Republicans left.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Please point me to wherever you got your crystal ball from. Seriously though, I fail to see how Trump can be blamed for lack of anything getting done. The blame falls squarely in the laps of Ryan and McConnell. These two and their ilk will be responsible if the Dems regain the majority.

And seriously, the Debbie Downer stuff gets real old after a while. What people fail to realize, is the fact that the Dems are getting desperate at this point. Decades old sexual harassment claims are only going to work for so long.

We have Gorsuch because of McConnell. And only because of McConnell. Because McConnell had the stones to monkey around with the Senate rules.

People should remember that. And stop buying into this Ryan-McConnell boogieman bull crap. There are 535 people in The Congress. Ryan and McConnell can't order them to vote in the affirmative on every bill submitted.

The reason nothing is getting done in the Senate is because McConnell can't wave a wand and magically produce another eight Republican Senators. Oops. Make that nine Republican Senators as of last night's goat f*cking.

GlocksAndPatriots

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 29, 2016
    We have Gorsuch because of McConnell. And only because of McConnell. Because McConnell had the stones to monkey around with the Senate rules.

People should remember that. And stop buying into this Ryan-McConnell boogieman bull crap. There are 535 people in The Congress. Ryan and McConnell can't order them to vote in the affirmative on every bill submitted.

The reason nothing is getting done in the Senate is because McConnell can't wave a wand and magically produce another eight Republican Senators. Oops. Make that nine Republican Senators as of last night's goat f*cking.

Yes, I conceded earlier than confirming Trump's nominees is the only good thing they've done. And no, he can't order them to vote, but what he can do is get them all in a room and figure out what they will all support before going public. Notice that the Democrats don't make fools of themselves having their bills fail. McConnell shouldn't either.

pilot25

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2016
    Yes, I conceded earlier than confirming Trump's nominees is the only good thing they've done. And no, he can't order them to vote, but what he can do is get them all in a room and figure out what they will all support before going public. Notice that the Democrats don't make fools of themselves having their bills fail. McConnell shouldn't either.

Do you think Trump has any fault in this? He refuses to stop insulting people on Twitter. I don't know if this is part of his "Art of the Deal" but the folks in congress don't respect him as it is so I don't see how they are going to suddenly give him a win after he tells them they are "light weights" or whatever else. Truly baffles me how he is running his presidency. I know he is a lot smarter than I am but he is acting a lot like Obama did. Obama bitched about the Republicans at every turn then signed an unconstitutional exec. order. Difference is Obama had the dems in is corner. Trump has very few friends in Congress. Seems to me you can attract a lot more flies with honey than with vinegar.

As far as the judicial nominations go, McConnell needs to slam them through in this next year because if they lose the Senate then 2019 and 2020 are lost years.

GlocksAndPatriots

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 29, 2016
    Do you think Trump has any fault in this? He refuses to stop insulting people on Twitter. I don't know if this is part of his "Art of the Deal" but the folks in congress don't respect him as it is so I don't see how they are going to suddenly give him a win after he tells them they are "light weights" or whatever else. Truly baffles me how he is running his presidency. I know he is a lot smarter than I am but he is acting a lot like Obama did. Obama bitched about the Republicans at every turn then signed an unconstitutional exec. order. Difference is Obama had the dems in is corner. Trump has very few friends in Congress. Seems to me you can attract a lot more flies with honey than with vinegar.

As far as the judicial nominations go, McConnell needs to slam them through in this next year because if they lose the Senate then 2019 and 2020 are lost years.

I think Trump's juvenile behavior plays a part in so far as he isn't able to articulate the merits of conservative legislation to the populace. Without a strong leader doing so, you're left with an electorate that gets its opinions shaped by the lying mainstream media, and thus people like McCain and Collins vote with the left to stay on the "good side" of these people.

Reptile

Ultimate Member
    Sep 29, 2014
    Columbia MD
    I think Trump's juvenile behavior plays a part in so far as he isn't able to articulate the merits of conservative legislation to the populace. Without a strong leader doing so, you're left with an electorate that gets its opinions shaped by the lying mainstream media, and thus people like McCain and Collins vote with the left to stay on the "good side" of these people.

You must be right. After all we had such great success with Republican administrations before Trump. People like McCain, Graham, Collins and Murkowski were consistent team players.

GlocksAndPatriots

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 29, 2016
    You must be right. After all we had such great success with Republican administrations before Trump. People like McCain, Graham, Collins and Murkowski were consistent team players.

And you think Bush was a great leader of the conservative movement? While he was less juvenile than Trump, he was just is uninformed when it came to the issues.

ant92083

Lord Of Summer
    Jul 15, 2016
    MD

Scalise and Cornyn are failing to do their jobs. McCain and rest of the republitards that don't fall in line should be "whipped" back across party lines and not forget the hand that feeds them.

GlocksAndPatriots

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 29, 2016
    Scalise and Cornyn are failing to do their jobs. McCain and rest of the republitards that don't fall in line should be "whipped" back across party lines and not forget the hand that feeds them.

Agree on that. I place far more blame with the Senate leadership than I do with Trump.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ESM07

Latest threads

Top Bottom