• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • EHinson

Apr 23, 2016
    I am currently looking for an event, within the next three weeks or so, that I can take some people to in order to talk about guns and a bit about values etc.. I have a group of students who are anti-gun, but for a college assignment must go and talk to people who share a different set of beliefs. This would be an opportunity to showcase the good side of firearms, but I need an event that would be suited to that kind of thing. Any suggestions?

Even if its not a perfect match if after some event a few people were willing to speak about their beliefs that would be fine too.

Thanks

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    I'm not sure exactly what EHinson is lookiing for . Is it for the students to fully participate in the shooting event ? Or to observe a positive shooting event , and interact with the participants ?

If the latter , contact the event director at BRGC about having your group observe for a cpl hours, and interact with willing members and participants during breaks .

EHinson

Apr 23, 2016
    I am looking for anywhere that is about an hour and a half from college park. The people I'm taking wont need to be shooting or anything, but are looking for a civil discussion about NRA type values.

dlmarion

Feb 6, 2013
    Carroll County
    NRA type values? I think you can have a discussion about (1) defense of self, loved ones, property, etc, (2) sport shooting, and (3) hunting without even mentioning the NRA.

EHinson

Apr 23, 2016
    NRA type values? I think you can have a discussion about (1) defense of self, loved ones, property, etc, (2) sport shooting, and (3) hunting without even mentioning the NRA.

That is the assignment given to them. I personally believe in all of that, but they don't so I am looking for an event for them.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Maybe an ASI shoot? Positive, low stress, friendly, not 100% old white guys. I’m at one right now! Actual women-folk smiling and having fun.

Rick

NRA Life Member
    Feb 25, 2016
    Eastern Shore
    Maybe you could take them to the NRA Museum in Fairfax, VA. Not sure if there's anyone there to talk to them, but I think the exhibits may provide some fact based information about the importance of firearms in our nations history. Also, maybe if you called them ahead of time and explained your situation, they might be willing to meet with you and answer some of your questions. Just a thought, but I'm not sure if it'll work for you or not.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    I second The Nation's Gun Show. That sounds like exactly what he's after. They could hang around the MSI table, since there's usually a lot of conversation there. I think the Appleseed or similar environment would prove unsuitable for a spirited debate.

K-43

West of Morning Side
    Oct 20, 2010
    PG
    There are still two Tri State Trap League events this year.
    December 9, 2018 Leetown
    December 16, 2018 Tuscarora

They can observe and speak to people of all ages who enjoy the sport.
    Or go to Mt Airy Izaac Walton any Thursday night for Trap and Skeet practice. It's open to the public and pretty laid back. Everyone from Kids to Old Timers, male and female.
    PM me and I'll get you in touch with the Chairman to talk about bringing your group.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Take them to the next Patriot Picket outing. I'm sure they would love to talk to your students.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Hello EHinson,

My name is Jeff Hulbert, and along with Paul Brockman, we coordinate the activities of the Patriot Picket—a group that demonstrates publicaly on behalf of 1st & 2nd Amendment issues.

Our goal is to be in the same space as anti-gun protesters and politicians, but with “freedom” messages that you would say align very well with the NRA.

Paul and I would be delighted to talk with your group. Just send either one of us a Private Message at your convenience.

Last edited:

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    Paul and I would be delighted to talk with your group. Just send either one of us a Private Message at your convenience.

Jeff & Paul it’s great that you are willing to take the opportunity to talk to this group. I hope it turns out to be informative and insightful discussion for young minds.

That is the assignment given to them. I personally believe in all of that, but they don't so I am looking for an event for them.

I would be curious to see the perspective of these students. As a parent of two college student In have some insight to how the form their viewpoints but they are not opposed to the 2nd Amendment. I hope that you are able to post the outcome of their assignment and a summary of what if anything they discovered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom