• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mitchugh

Feb 3, 2011
    Germantown, MD
    I need some help with a Remington 514 single shot bolt action rifle. This gun was originally my Great Grandfathers, so it's definitely been around for a while. It only has one problem, a while back the shell extractor either sheared off or wore out and now won't pop out the spent shell. It's not a huge problem but it sure slows me down.

Anyone know if you can get replacement parts for this gun? Would it be difficult to replace the shell extractor? Is it worth it or should I just keep prying out shells with my fingernails?

pvilledog

Jul 16, 2011
    Cecil County
    I need some help with a Remington 514 single shot bolt action rifle. This gun was originally my Great Grandfathers, so it's definitely been around for a while. It only has one problem, a while back the shell extractor either sheared off or wore out and now won't pop out the spent shell. It's not a huge problem but it sure slows me down.

Anyone know if you can get replacement parts for this gun? Would it be difficult to replace the shell extractor? Is it worth it or should I just keep prying out shells with my fingernails?
    I know this is an older post, but I'm wondering if you were ever able to find an extractor. I have the same problem with that model Remington. I've only found aftermarket parts that need fitting and I'm not sure I'm not sure I trust myself to do it. I'd appreciate any information that you may have gotten.
    Thanks!

lkenefic

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    Wow... blast from the past! I love those older Remington rifles. Gun Parts in Hurley NY was good. I kept a couple of older Remington rifles going using their parts. These were factory parts taken off of other rifles... "gun smith specials" I suppose. Never had a problem with fit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom