• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mjester93

Mar 28, 2017
    Southern Maryland
    Good morning,

I have received a response for the following request of documents below. <s>I'm not sure how to upload the original PDFs on here, so the quality is a bit bad.</s>

If there is anything else anyone would like, please let me know, and I will try to include it in my monthly PIA to the MSP.

S.O.P. 23-13-001: Standard Operating Procedure for Review and Investigations for Maryland Wear and Carry Permit

Form 29-04: Wear and Carry Records Check Form

Attachments

• S.O.P. 29-13-001.pdf
      138.4 KB · Views: 368
    • Form 29-04.pdf
      39.6 KB · Views: 330

Rab1515

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 29, 2014
    Calvert
    For the next PIA request could you ask for the number of informal (MSP LD supervisor) reviews requested, number of reviews granted, number of reviews successfully appealed, and number of reviews unsuccessfully appealed? I can write up some better verbiage if that would help.

Shazam

Dec 20, 2012
    The one I requested was the SOP for conducting the investigation/interviews.
    In the course of my interview I got a glimpse of the document that you requested. At least one page of it, as it was on open on the desk.

It was a dogeared, many generation old, blurry, and off-centered copy. It was multiple pages stapled together in the upper corner. It looked unofficial, like someone hastily typed up a number of questions for the permit interviewer to ask. The author left space between questions, to write notes I assume. The officer interviewing me referred to it just before he asked me what type of gun I was going to carry.

Judging from the worn and repeatedly copied look it can be assumed that it was widely distributed. I doubt that the MSP would be proud to release it in this format.

gorckat

Sep 4, 2013
    Dundalk
    Very cool- interesting to see a bit of the behind the scenes stuff.

I find it interesting on its own (how the show gets on is at least as interesting as the show itself), but also curious if anything learned is potentially helpful for getting permission to carry.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    ANY information is potentially useful. Remember, not too long ago we had NO information.

Almost makes you want to ask for a files section on MDS so we can keep stuff like this there and see the changes as they happen (both good and bad).

CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    Thank you for all your hard work. I haven't had time to fight MSP's stalling and pursue my pending PIA requests as I am currently working on a much bigger project ;)

Here is an older copy of MSP Form 96.

May I suggest you PIA a complete electronic copy of the MSP Licensing Division's SOP's and well as Policy & Procedures and/or Forms.

View attachment Form 96 and guide fixed.pdf

CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012

Rab1515

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 29, 2014
    Calvert
    Thank you for all your hard work. I haven't had time to fight MSP's stalling and pursue my pending PIA requests as I am currently working on a much bigger project ;)

Here is an older copy of MSP Form 96.

May I suggest you PIA a complete electronic copy of the MSP Licensing Division's SOP's and well as Policy & Procedures and/or Forms.

View attachment 209598

When I asked for their current Sop for the issuiance of w&c permits I got a reply stating a new sop was under development but "by policy" was not releaseable. I though about asking for a copy of their "policy" on why sops under development are somehow exempt from pia requests, but haven't gotten around to it.

CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    MD W&amp;C Form/SOP via PIA

The Federal Freedom of Information Act (for orgs that receive Federal funds?) and MD's Maryland Public Information Act specify a limited number of exemptions from requests for documents.

The MSP has no say. I'm growing a little tired of their purposeful efforts.

The policy you reference appears to have been under review for almost a year now.

It may be time to take the MSP to court to get them to cease playing games, abide by the law and act transparency to increase public confidence.

An alternative might be to write Gov. Hogan and ask him to investigate the MSP's obfuscation, and request the documents on your behalf.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    When I asked for their current Sop for the issuiance of w&c permits I got a reply stating a new sop was under development but "by policy" was not releaseable. I though about asking for a copy of their "policy" on why sops under development are somehow exempt from pia requests, but haven't gotten around to it.

You need to ask them if they are following the new policy that is currently under review and see what they say.

Rab1515

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 29, 2014
    Calvert
    You need to ask them if they are following the new policy that is currently under review and see what they say.

Do you mean the SOP under review? I think if i asked directly it would be ignored or or get a inaccurate response but would be impossible to prove.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    May I suggest a great place for all this information already exists at
    http://wiki.marylandshallissue.org/index.php?title=Maryland_Handgun_Permit

It's an encyclopedia any registered user (no need to pay) can edit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

When people stop posting opinions and character assassinations of appointed individuals (past and present), and start posting factual information, then I will consider it a legitimate resource to add information to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom