Any opening date for the Cabela's in Christiana?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    I took a ride up there with some friends this past Saturday. Maybe it's just me but the internet spoils every hobby of mine, time and time again. Going to these places never excites me anymore. I'm just a sour grape. LOL

Draco20

Apr 20, 2013
    MoCo
    Stopped in while I was in Delaware for work. It was nice to be able to grab whatever ammo I needed in addition to a couple of 30-round pmags.

Don H

Ultimate Member
    Jan 17, 2013
    Hazzard County
    The one in Hamburg is MUCH larger. I was disappointed in the DE store. The only thing the DE store has going for it is no sales tax.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    idk if or when I'll make it to DE but I did get to visit the Hamburg store this past weekend on the way home from a camping trip. That place is HUUUUUUUUGE. SPent close to two hours with the wife and kids. Only thing we walked out with was some fudge.

...oh yeah, and I didnt get to look at the guns :(

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    Went up to the DE Cabelas today for the first time. Admittedly it's not quite as impressive as the Hamburg store, but it's an hour and a half closer and still 10x better than Bass Pro.

They have a ton of ammo in stock. Most of it was priced about average when you consider there's no tax. Not quite as low as Walmart prices though; and 5.56/.223 seemed high at $0.50 a round or more. Rimfire ammo was still limited to 1 per customer, and the guy was pretty much constantly restocking it.

Gun prices were all over. There were a couple deals on the used racks, but also some shockingly high priced stuff. Namely they had a rack of Mosin 91/30s for $175. They were in fair condition at best; stocks were rough and the actions were pretty loose. On the other hand they had some Star Bs for $319, which with no tax didn't seem bad.(Assuming they'll accept a MDer's C&R)

We ended up leaving with two 300rd boxes of .22lr, some 12ga shells, and some dog treats. Stopped into the Dicks on the other side of the mall on the way out and they had some Federal 9mm for $11.98 a box, so we bought what they had left. Overall, a nice way to kill a rainy Saturday.

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    Went up to the DE Cabelas today for the first time. Admittedly it's not quite as impressive as the Hamburg store, but it's an hour and a half closer and still 10x better than Bass Pro.

They have a ton of ammo in stock. Most of it was priced about average when you consider there's no tax. Not quite as low as Walmart prices though; and 5.56/.223 seemed high at $0.50 a round or more. Rimfire ammo was still limited to 1 per customer, and the guy was pretty much constantly restocking it.

Gun prices were all over. There were a couple deals on the used racks, but also some shockingly high priced stuff. Namely they had a rack of Mosin 91/30s for $175. They were in fair condition at best; stocks were rough and the actions were pretty loose. On the other hand they had some Star Bs for $319, which with no tax didn't seem bad.(Assuming they'll accept a MDer's C&R)

We ended up leaving with two 300rd boxes of .22lr, some 12ga shells, and some dog treats. Stopped into the Dicks on the other side of the mall on the way out and they had some Federal 9mm for $11.98 a box, so we bought what they had left. Overall, a nice way to kill a rainy Saturday.

Did ya stop at X Ring? usually a little cheaper than cabelas , 50 rds of 22lr 2.95

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    No we didn't. I hadn't heard of them before, but I just looked them up and they'll be on the list for next time. At Cabela's we paid I think $18 for a 325rd box of Federal .22lr and $24 for a 300rd box of Winchester .22lr JHPs that came in a nice little wooden box.

Oh and I forgot in my first post, they didn't have any 40rd pmags. I was sad.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    idk if or when I'll make it to DE but I did get to visit the Hamburg store this past weekend on the way home from a camping trip. That place is HUUUUUUUUGE. SPent close to two hours with the wife and kids. Only thing we walked out with was some fudge.

...oh yeah, and I didnt get to look at the guns :(

Overheard mother telling her two young daughters in the parking lot outside Hamburg store: "Don't worry. Next weekend we'll make daddy spend 4 hours shopping at Michaels."

TimGB

Jul 10, 2011

I was there Tuesday. They had a whole rack of PMC 223 for 6.99/box ($0.35/rd). It was in the center aisle near the used guns. I'd estimate they had a few hundred boxes and no limit.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Overheard mother telling her two young daughters in the parking lot outside Hamburg store: "Don't worry. Next weekend we'll make daddy spend 4 hours shopping at Michaels."

omg, the SMELLLL. I cant last 5 minutes in one of those places :ohnoes:

ourway77

Jul 18, 2011
    Ocean View, Delaware
    Boy am I out of the Loop I live in Delaware and this is the first time hearing there was a Cabela's so close I will have to visit the store it will make my wife happy she will go to the mall

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom