• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Qbeam

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2008
    Georgia
    I got their email, and read the description. Sounds like a mixed bag of 30-06. Possibly delinked, odd lots of 30-06 repackaged? I would be cautious ordering it and probably check it once it showed up.

Q

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I hear the projectiles are thin and they are light on powder.....

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    In the Facebook groups, people report a mix of clips, ranging from good USGI ones to crappy European ones. I've seen a few guys post about reloading the brass though and it has worked so far. We'll see if it can handle 15-20 firings like USGI and HXP can.

I don't believe it's delinked. No one who bought a can of 192 on clips has received something not that as far as I can tell.

MigraineMan

Ultimate Member
    Jun 9, 2011
    Frederick County

Attachments

• struthers_ethiopian_ammo.jpg
      struthers_ethiopian_ammo.jpg
      23.5 KB · Views: 409

geda

Dec 24, 2017
    cowcounty
    I bought two cans on Wed when I saw it in my email. Didnt seem like a bad price. I explicitly wanted to plink with it in a beater sporterized mauser and a field grade m1. What is the risk on the m1 here? Super dirty in the gas system? Inconsistent power loads?

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I bought two cans on Wed when I saw it in my email. Didnt seem like a bad price. I explicitly wanted to plink with it in a beater sporterized mauser and a field grade m1. What is the risk on the m1 here? Super dirty in the gas system? Inconsistent power loads?

I’d say the only real risk is if some happens to be corrosive mixed in. That’s my only real worry. It is tempting. The price is decent...but straight PPU can be had for $129 for 200rnds and likely to be more accurate, certainly more uniform and good cases.

If it was $100 I would have bought two and not batted an eye. As it is, I am still on the fence (probably it’ll sell out before I figure out if I will buy any).

geda

Dec 24, 2017
    cowcounty
    I’d say the only real risk is if some happens to be corrosive mixed in. That’s my only real worry. It is tempting. The price is decent...but straight PPU can be had for $129 for 200rnds and likely to be more accurate, certainly more uniform and good cases.

If it was $100 I would have bought two and not batted an eye. As it is, I am still on the fence (probably it’ll sell out before I figure out if I will buy any).

I already have a bunch of 165gr soft point PPU in the stash. It does not come with clips, which changes the equation. If you subtract $1 per clip it is $95.50 or 0.4975/rd.

I didnt even think about corrosive primers, was that still a thing in the 70s/80s? I have only dealt with 50s 8mm corrosive ammo, no way would I use that in anything with a gas system.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I already have a bunch of 165gr soft point PPU in the stash. It does not come with clips, which changes the equation. If you subtract $1 per clip it is $95.50 or 0.4975/rd.

I didnt even think about corrosive primers, was that still a thing in the 70s/80s? I have only dealt with 50s 8mm corrosive ammo, no way would I use that in anything with a gas system.

With .30-06, no idea. I think no, but I don’t know. Commies only made milspec corrosive 7.62x25 including up through the 80s. So it could be, but probably not. SGA says they tested some and it was non-corrosive. Though if it is really a mixed bag, no guarantees some couldn’t be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom