• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    Had 2 posts at least missing since all this forum shut down and crashing .

Not worth re-posting but I really wonder why all the Mayhem going on , are the anti's messing with the forum ??

RuralRifleGuy

Aug 16, 2018
    Queenstown
    Server migration. Sounds easy to copy some files from one server to another but with databases, it's never as easy. Plus depending on how their host is set up a server migration could require DNS changes that result in the website not being accessible for some people or for some people to see the new server and some the old server which leads to posts/threads made on one that does not show on the other. Last hour or more (not sure since I was being productive without the distraction :lol2:) there was a database error showing which probably means they were working on moving the database and there were issues or it just took longer than expected.

Mightydog

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    I keep getting “database error” when I hit the new post button. Tried to send the admin a email and I got the following even though a msg successfully went out to the this morning. Really weird.

Attachments

• E9888B60-BB25-443E-B32E-7E4F942BF3DB.jpg
      E9888B60-BB25-443E-B32E-7E4F942BF3DB.jpg
      28.9 KB · Views: 447

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    I keep getting “database error” when I hit the new post button. Tried to send the admin a email and I got the following even though a msg successfully went out to the this morning. Really weird.

Yeah...without that button :tap: I really don't know how to use MDS :o

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Wouldn't mind if my post count dropped (even into the hundreds - as long as I have w/c access). But I can understand that one doesn't want to lose posts that may take time/effort and be of use to others.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    Wouldn't mind if my post count dropped (even into the hundreds - as long as I have w/c access). But I can understand that one doesn't want to lose posts that may take time/effort and be of use to others.

I am not worried about post count , once you have full access the numbers don't matter IMHO .
    I just hate when I type a very smart post and then it disappears ...:innocent0;);):lol2:

Feb 28, 2013
    I am not worried about post count , once you have full access the numbers don't matter IMHO .
    I just hate when I type a very smart post and then it disappears ...:innocent0;);):lol2:

But one of the unwritten rules here is the higher that number, the more important you are. :sarcasm:

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    I would pay for a custom, fixed post count number, like 357 or 1776. Of course, one would need to have an upper number limit or folks would be requesting 31415926535...

texkev

Administrator
    Staff member
    Admin
    Jan 19, 2016
    North Texas
    Swapping over from one server to the other, likely missed during the resync. The forum was down actually due to a server networking issue. Hopefully, that was all cleared and fixed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom