• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    That's pretty funny. I'd like to think that's because the MoCo executive suddenly woke up and realized that it's not helpful to be hostile to the businesses that employ people and generate the county's huge tax base. But no, I suspect he'd just thinking of the big number of new, well-paid, left-leaning voters that would be working and possibly living in his county if Amazon takes the bait and moves in.

That's pretty funny. I'd like to think that's because the MoCo executive suddenly woke up and realized that it's not helpful to be hostile to the businesses that employ people and generate the county's huge tax base. But no, I suspect he'd just thinking of the big number of new, well-paid, left-leaning voters that would be working and possibly living in his county if Amazon takes the bait and moves in.

I work in the logistics/warehousing industry. If Amazon moves into MOCO a large percentage of it's employees will be local indigenous residents...You know...the ones the wall on our southern boarder is designed to stop...Their other DCs are like that...Of course the WALMART DCs and most others use them too..

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    No one can seriously expect that a locality will publish the bribes it offers a major business in exchange for their presence. It would become a bidding war. And the taxpayers who will be getting screwed might complain.

So instead, let's just distract them with local murders, bad weather and Russia. NRA is plotting to kill your kids!
    Trump! Free stuff!

Ronan

3D Printing Guru
    Jul 30, 2018
    Annapolis, MD
    No one can seriously expect that a locality will publish the bribes it offers a major business in exchange for their presence. It would become a bidding war. And the taxpayers who will be getting screwed might complain.

So instead, let's just distract them with local murders, bad weather and Russia. NRA is plotting to kill your kids!
    Trump! Free stuff!

What free stuff!?? :shocked2:

aht2131

Aug 5, 2011
    I work in the logistics/warehousing industry. If Amazon moves into MOCO a large percentage of it's employees will be local indigenous residents...You know...the ones the wall on our southern boarder is designed to stop...Their other DCs are like that...Of course the WALMART DCs and most others use them too..

Isn't the bid for one of their HQ, not a distribution hub?

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008

Trump! Free stuff!

What taxpayers are getting screwed? They could offer Amazon a tax break and get all the jobs and economic benefits.... or not offer them tax breaks and get nothing as Amazon locates somewhere else.

marko

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 28, 2009
    Amazon is NOT going to locate in hostile MD. That much is sure. But if they do, the TAXPAYERS will get screwed.
    THAT much is sure.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    Amazon is NOT going to locate in hostile MD. That much is sure. But if they do, the TAXPAYERS will get screwed.
    THAT much is sure.

Again, how? Imagine Amazon brings 1 billion bucks in economic activity to a region. By offering 10 million in tax breaks, we draw them here. That's $990,000,000 our area gets in economic improvement that we otherwise wouldn't get. The area still ends up ahead in taxes due to all the associated tax revenue of the incomes of the employees. The South has figured this out in a ton of small towns that attracted foreign car manufacturers with great tax breaks.

Ronan

3D Printing Guru
    Jul 30, 2018
    Annapolis, MD
    THAT much is sure.

Plenty of amazon warehouses in MD.

Unsure how that works for taxes, Economy, but half my prime stuff come from MD and shows up next day :D

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    The NYT is a rag. If they really want that document, let them steal it or bribe somebody like real journalists.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    I would love to see Amazon tell Monkey County and MD, Nope we are not coming to your commie state because of your gun laws, you will not let the american citizen carry ... but then i guess im just dreaming .....

Yeah, when you wake up you'll see that Bezos and his dotcommie billionaire buddies are all for the rest of the country emulating MD and CA.

You'll find his reasoning in his daily opinion blog, aka the Washington Post. Where democracy dies in darkness.

Alan3413

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    Amazon has a hub in Baltimore and 70% of the time they still can't make prime deliveries on time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom