• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wongler

Nov 6, 2013
    Carlisle, PA
    I have talked myself into using my M1 Carbine in an upcoming 2 gun match, but I'm pretty sure I need more magazines than the 2 I received when I purchased the gun. I've done a bit of searching and found KCI magazines, are these good recommended magazines, or are there others I should look into.
    30 rounders would probably be ideal, but I'll probably get another 15 rounder in case there are strange barriers that a shorter magazine would be better for. Thanks for the help.

Edit: I forgot to mention I live in PA, no magazine cap.

Last edited:

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I have a KCI 30 rounded and it has worked flawlessly so far. That said, I think I have only run it through two full loads. Most of my old 10 and 15 round mags have some failure to feeds. Probably from old springs.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Another load through my KCI 30 round mag and no hiccups. Also 3 loads through my GI 15 round and no hiccups. Only 3rd time I’ve gotten my M1 carbine to the range. Since at least one of the 10 round and one of the 15 round cause feeding issues, I am positive it is time for new springs for some of my mags. So I guess I’ll add them to my Wolff order when I am getting some other stuff from them.

Will also be adding a couple of KCI 15 round and another 30 round to my next gunmagwarehouse order for out of state pickup. I don’t need a bazillion carbine mags, a couple of good 30 round and 6 15 round would be nice.

ar15dave

AR15Dave
    Jun 10, 2008
    Monrovia, MD
    Check with Hog Sniper. He is an IP here. He is in Hanover, PA and his company is called High Rock Outfitters. He has great prices on mags and is really easy to work with. Nice guy.

Dave

c&rdaze

Oct 2, 2007
    Southern MD
    Many years ago, I brought ~20 USGI carbine mags in wraps. Interesting manufacturing codes and no I didn't open all of them. Will be selling them one day, but not today. :rolleyes:

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    I run the KCI's for shooter mags, work flawlessly. Only thing is the metal seems a little sharp that the feedlips. Ive put my USGI mags away and in long term storage.

Be wary of mags in wrap, I have bought a couple dozen of them over the years with about 30% having severe rust issues due to storage. Not sure the wrap and grease protects them that well. Cool collectors item but being able to inspect an unwrapped mag is best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom