• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    I thought about this and can't say that if I owned a large farm, I wouldn't be nervous accepting any liability from a hunting accident. I figured there might be a way to waive any liability rights covered by law in exchange for permission to hunt? Accidents do happen, and that's what insurance is for, so it might not even be wise to enter into any such agreement.

Problem is not necessarily liability from a hunting accident. Problem is what if you shoot a cow, or damage property. Insurance may cover that but they will have a hard time recovering the money. In that case, farmer could theoretically ask for a bond or for you to carry insurance.

Marshmallow

Feb 4, 2012
    Shoot me a pm if you'd like. I'm a big waterfowler and have no problem showing you the ropes. I do deer hunt. But not as heavily and I don't care how big the antlers get, since you can't eat them. I've taken a few members from here duck/goose hunting.

BigSteve57

Ultimate Member
    Feb 14, 2011
    Problem is not necessarily liability from a hunting accident. Problem is what if you shoot a cow, or damage property. Insurance may cover that but they will have a hard time recovering the money. In that case, farmer could theoretically ask for a bond or for you to carry insurance.

Why even consider this for a minute for a stranger? And who needs that hassle? This is precisely why my family said adios to hunters that were not family or in our case, farmers with adjoining property.
    Again, if someone pays you for your trouble you're in a whole legal quagmire.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom