• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jack Ryan

Ultimate Member
    Jul 29, 2011
    People’s Republic of Maryland
    I just got back from the range at Continental Arms.

I shot 100 Silver Bear (Russian) FMJs ($12 a box at CTD) through my CZ-82 with fine accuracy and zero malfunctions. I also bought a box of Hornady hollow points and tried them, I had no malfunctions with them either.

Accuracy is outstanding. I put my target 75 feet downrange and still mostly in the black, with a couple bullseyes.:party29:

The MDS CZ-82 owner reviews have been spot on, this is a very accurate piece. The trigger is very nice. I was practicing double taps, and a little rapid fire, this piece doesnt jump up much at all, you really dont lose your site picture, making rapid fire or double taps possible while staying on target.

The 12 round mags are easy to load but have sharp edges and do require some significant pressure to fully load them. The last time my fingers were a little raw afterworks. This time I tried the loader that came with my Beretta PX4 9MM. Worked like a charm.:)

Im loving my CZ-82.

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore

I shot 100 Silver Bear (Russian) FMJs ($12 a box at CTD) through my CZ-82 with fine accuracy and zero malfunctions. I also bought a box of Hornady hollow points and tried them, I had no malfunctions with them either.

Accuracy is outstanding. I put my target 75 feet downrange and still mostly in the black, with a couple bullseyes.:party29:

The MDS CZ-82 owner reviews have been spot on, this is a very accurate piece. The trigger is very nice. I was practicing double taps, and a little rapid fire, this piece doesnt jump up much at all, you really dont lose your site picture, making rapid fire or double taps possible while staying on target.

The 12 round mags are easy to load but have sharp edges and do require some significant pressure to fully load them. The last time my fingers were a little raw afterworks. This time I tried the loader that came with my Beretta PX4 9MM. Worked like a charm.:)

Im loving my CZ-82.

Thanks for the encouraging review. It's a shame there are so many things on my list in front of CZ-82. What, if any, conceal carry holsters are you aware of?

ETA: I checked a few holsters...

Blade-Tech had 2 IWB for the 83
    SuperTuck™ Deluxe had one for the 83
    Old Faithful none
    Theis none

Is the 83 (.380) built on the same frame?

ETA again:
    Kolster Crescent Holster has one for the CZ-82/83 and CZ-82/83 with LaserGrip

So, I answered my own question on, is 82 and 83 on the same frame. Yes.

Last edited:

CraZ4GunZ

MDS Supporter
    Dec 12, 2008
    HoCo

Im loving my CZ-82.

Pretty accurate review. My results were even a little better @ 25yds, about 4-5 in. groups rapid fire. Great little pistol! Using the Silver Bear and the Novosibirsk copper-washed round.

amoebicmagician

Samopal Goblin
    Dec 26, 2012
    Columbia, MD
    I just can't help but think that, for them to be making money at that price after doing a Duracoat treatment, they must have started with some really dogged-out looking guns. It strikes me as putting lipstick on a pig ... but it might be easier to sell a pig that way.

Not sure about the 64s, but I know the CZ-82s were century arms imports that were in real crap shape and bought at a discount SPECIFICALLY to refinish. Aside from that I've seen some evidence that they do a crappy job on the duracoat, which is a pretty fragile finish as it is (in my opinion even Krylon is superior)

All I know is that sometimes they don't take all of the old paint chips off the slides before refinishing and you can feel them under the duracoat, but not really see them. Frankly I don't know why they decided to use duracoat when for such a small amount more they could have used KG gunkote. From experience a soak and some toothbrushing gets duracoat off, but gunkote is staying on there until sandpaper or blasting media get involved.

But getting back to topic, I think they're kind of a shady bunch of cats- avoid them unless you plan to refinish the gun again yourself, but at that inflated price, why bother?

Also, I'm brand new to the forum, this is my first post ever. Greetings and Salutations!

amoebicmagician

Samopal Goblin
    Dec 26, 2012
    Columbia, MD
    Haha, good reference, Ryan. I was looking at avatars trying to see who lives close to me, and was bombarded with a mental picture of:
    "if you keep on ROLLING the doobies, you're gonna end up living in a van, DOWN BY-THE-RIVER"

Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    Just South of Chuck County
    Not sure about the 64s, but I know the CZ-82s were century arms imports that were in real crap shape and bought at a discount SPECIFICALLY to refinish.

You are correct about the CZ-82 finish. Some of them held up OK, and some flaked off like they have leprosy. The P64, on the other hand, has a much better finish. You may see some with scratches, but not flakes of finish coming off them. They were made in a totally different country, armory, etc.

PS - when I saw your avatar, I thought you were another poster here who has been using the same one for a long time.

amoebicmagician

Samopal Goblin
    Dec 26, 2012
    Columbia, MD
    in regards to finishes, I've just made it my policy that any time I find one I'm not entirely happy with I just go straight to the KG gun-kote. I keep a couple of spray cans on hand for small jobs, but I've been running pretty low since my air compressor conked out. You see the spray cans were originally only supposed to be supplementary, but man let me tell you- having to rough up with sand paper rather than sandblast is a huge pain in the ass.

Still worth it when you see that beautiful finished product come out of the oven, though.

And as for the avatar, I honestly thought that I was being super original.

Should have known I wasn't the only resident of Bat Country.

Jack Ryan

Ultimate Member
    Jul 29, 2011
    People’s Republic of Maryland
    Haha, good reference, Ryan. I was looking at avatars trying to see who lives close to me, and was bombarded with a mental picture of:
    "if you keep on ROLLING the doobies, you're gonna end up living in a van, DOWN BY-THE-RIVER"

Magic,

Thanks. I love the motivational speaker Matt Foley SNL skits with Chris Farley.

I love Clancey's books too, I have read them all. The last two were very good.

I like your avatar as well. I love the Dr. Hunter S. Thompson movies.:lol:

Rock on!:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom