Lawsuit filed to lift ban on U.S National American Samoans owning firearms in Hawaii

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wolfwood

Ultimate Member
    Aug 24, 2011
    Despite three federal cases over the righs of green card holders to own firearms where I have been victorious the State of Hawaii still bans U.S. National American Samoans from owning firearms of which thousands live in Hawaii. Today I filed this complaint and preliminary injunction on behalf of a American Samoan veteran to vindicate his Second Amendment rights.

complaint
    https://pdfhost.io/v/eF8RS9p7x_filed_alanoa_complaintpdf.pdf

preliminary injunction
    https://pdfhost.io/v/nJzXhOJqx_filed_PI_memo_alanoapdf.pdf

Last edited:

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Since when do Samoans need guns? Them dudes(and dudettes) are scary enough. I kid, of course.

I can't swim through pages of legalese. What's the origin of the ban. That certainly would help to understand as this case moves forward.

wolfwood

Ultimate Member
    Aug 24, 2011
    Since when do Samoans need guns? Them dudes(and dudettes) are scary enough. I kid, of course.

I can't swim through pages of legalese. What's the origin of the ban. That certainly would help to understand as this case moves forward.

Hawaii law only allows citizens to own firearms. I filed and won a lawsuit saying green card holders as permanent resident aliens could own them. The state did not get rid of its law it just stopped enforcing it against green card holders and since U.S. Nationals are technically not alien since they are born on US soil the court order did not apply to them so we had to go file another lawsuit for them.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Hawaii law only allows citizens to own firearms. I filed and won a lawsuit saying green card holders as permanent resident aliens could own them. The state did not get rid of its law it just stopped enforcing it against green card holders and since U.S. Nationals are technically not alien since they are born on US soil the court order did not apply to them so we had to go file another lawsuit for them.

Thanks. Good luck going forward, oh knight, on your quest. Give'm hell!

traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable
    The origin of this is that the Hawaiians are afraid of the Samoans in their midst. They are just fine with 'forgetting' that the US nationals have those rights .

JoeyBimmer

Jul 22, 2020
    Eldersburg MD
    Despite three federal cases over the righs of green card holders to own firearms where I have been victorious the State of Hawaii still bans U.S. National American Samoans from owning firearms. Today I filed this complaint and preliminary injunction on behalf of a American Samoan veteran to vindicate his Second Amendment rights.

complaint
    https://pdfhost.io/v/eF8RS9p7x_filed_alanoa_complaintpdf.pdf

preliminary injunction
    https://pdfhost.io/v/nJzXhOJqx_filed_PI_memo_alanoapdf.pdf

You are a quality Patriot sir.

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    index.jpg

God speed, impressive work. Thank you for taking a stand for that man.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom