• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rrrrrrkevin

Its comin right for me!
    Jul 18, 2008
    North Beach
    Does anybody know where you can get the new duffle bag the army is using?

I have the old green ones that load from the top and I think the new ones look way better. I want to buy one, but I cant find anywhere online. I have searched everywhere. The only place I remember seeing them is the PX at Fort Bliss TX but thats not really an option right now and AAFES doesnt have them listed. I cant even figure out how to shop military clothing on AAFES.

Im deployed right now and I would like to buy one of these and use one of my old ones to ship a bunch of stuff home I dont need. I like the idea of having one that I dont have to dump everything I have to get to something on the bottom.

rrrrrrkevin

Its comin right for me!
    Jul 18, 2008
    North Beach
    No this is the one.

http://www.armytimes.com/article/20110321/NEWS/103210333/4-Army-clothing-bag-changes-2013

The main reasons I want it is because its the new issue one and strong enough it can be packed full and never rip, and also because it is an issue item your unit wont tell you that you cant load it onto a C-130 because of the dimensions or some stupid reason. I also love the fact that you can unzip it and go through it without dumping it. I cant even find an NSN for it though.

Attachments

• bilde.jpg
      bilde.jpg
      26.3 KB · Views: 1,316

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    That's badass. My old sea bag is still going strong, but dumping it to get to the boots on the bottom is never fun. That said, I wonder how long the zipper and plastic buckles will last here.

boardboy330

Resident Secret Squirrel
    Mar 18, 2008
    Cool item. I still have the old style bag and it works..

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    That looks like a HUGE improvement over the current issued and also a good buy at that price.

Sadly, I don't think retirees can buy issue items for some reason.

If it's a good design, someone will release a "civilian" version within 6 months.

Louie

Sep 10, 2009
    Edgehood
    I would like one or two myself. My issued ones look like they have been attacked by graffiti artists with multiple deployment paint and respaints.

rrrrrrkevin

Its comin right for me!
    Jul 18, 2008
    North Beach
    I wonder how long the zipper and plastic buckles will last here.

Thats exactly why I want it. You know the difference between our RFI for example and a Jansport backpack. I know people bash on issue gear but two things they always have in common is strong material and big oversize zippers that you can way over pack and force closed without ripping them. Anyone who has done the duffle bag smash to get more shit than is supposed to get in there knows this.

Does anyone know where they can be ordered online? Or want to sell me one? lol

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    You're right about the zippers, they should be a lot heavier grade than "civilian" versions. If you find a source, let me know.

rrrrrrkevin

Its comin right for me!
    Jul 18, 2008
    North Beach
    lol no but that one looks way nicer. Also way more expensive! I just want the regular foliage green one that is the size of a normal duffle that wont draw much attention.

rrrrrrkevin

Its comin right for me!
    Jul 18, 2008
    North Beach

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads