• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rrrrrrkevin

Its comin right for me!
    Jul 18, 2008
    North Beach
    I'm not sure if I'm posting in the right place.

Where can you find a flare gun other than the orange plastic 12guage ones at WalMart? I saw Keepshooting had some for sale a while back but they appear to be sold out. I'd rather find a place I can go to and pick one up to avoid the hazmat fee.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Dan's Ammo in Shelocta, PA used to have a good supply for Geco 26.5MM flare pistols.

He would only charge $20 for hazmat and shipping, when ordering in bulk.

rrrrrrkevin

Its comin right for me!
    Jul 18, 2008
    North Beach
    A boating supply?

I'm looking for the military surplus kind like Inigoes mentioned. I want something cool that's made of metal or polymer. Modern is ok but I want something different. It appears I missed the boat on the ones I'm looking for. It looks like they've all dried up. I have found endless reviews on the Internet of people picking up awesome ones for cheap at sportsmanship guide, wideners etc.

rrrrrrkevin

Its comin right for me!
    Jul 18, 2008
    North Beach
    Are you looking for this to put the 22 or 410 insert in??

No.

To be honest I think that is kind of retarded because none of them have sights. I just recently bought one of the cheaper Wal-Mart ones and tried it out and it was pretty cool and now I want a Military grade one to shoot off a few times and throw in the collection.

rrrrrrkevin

Its comin right for me!
    Jul 18, 2008
    North Beach
    I take back the retarded comment. I just prefer stuff that is purpose built for what you are using it for and I dont think I would enjoy the inserts much. I would be more interested in some of the cooler flares like the illumination flares and the parachutes. I would consider the 12guage inserts so if I actually had to use it in an emergency I could use the red flares sold at Wal Mart.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom