Go Back   Maryland Shooters > The Arsenal > Shotguns
Don't Have An Account? Register Here

Old September 23rd, 2021, 04:04 AM #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcutonilli View Post
There are a number of people that recommend a Black Aces shotgun. If they really suck why do so many people recommend them as a budget option

The shotguns are made in Turkey just like the Stoeger.
Hipoints are made in the USA just like S&W.
AntiGun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2021, 06:15 AM #42

Stoeger M3000. I picked mine up used, and put on an upgraded extractor and a good choke and could not be happier.
Silverlax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2021, 07:16 AM #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcutonilli View Post
It demonstrates that there were almost no malfunctions in over 400 rounds of continuous firing. This is always more stressful than the round count suggests. Do you shoot a case or more of 12 gauge ammo in a short period of time? I don't believe many people do that.

As stated in the video it is one experience with one gun. There are instances where the M3000 has not functioned reliably. I does not mean the M3000 sucks.

There are a number of people that recommend a Black Aces shotgun. If they really suck why do so many people recommend them as a budget option?

The shotguns are made in Turkey just like the Stoeger.
I was being harsh. you should definitely buy it.
camo556 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2021, 09:01 AM #44
Thank you, Abelard

Thank you, Abelard

When looking for a low cost 20 gauge semi I chose the Mossberg SA-20 over the similar Weatherby & TriStar models, though all three are well regarded in this segment. All, I believe, are Turkish made Beretta 303 clones. The Mossberg was well made but choked on Winchester Universals and very light reloads. I addressed the latter by boring out the gas ports a very little bit.
Old September 23rd, 2021, 09:32 AM #45

Regarding Turk shotguns; I had an interesting development with my TriStar ATAC. Breaking it down recently to clean, I discovered that the magazine tube has started to develop a slight groove where the gas piston slides over it towards the end of it's travel back into battery.

I'm not sure why this is occurring. Maybe the numerous shells of buckshot I was running through it last time. I contacted TriStar and after consultation with them, they sent me a new magazine tube, gas piston and a O-ring for the gas block under the barrel.

I don't keep the magazine tube lubed, just wiped off with G96. I think they're supposed to stay dry to keep the carbon buildup down on them.

Piston

21 years Army (retired)
...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okletsfish View Post
Never apologize to any of these morons for anything, just give them the middle finger.
willtill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2021, 10:20 AM #46

I am a Beretta/Benelli guy, so my vote goes for the Beretta A300. It can be had for between $700 and $800.

I have used a Beretta 391 for clays since 2002. Only thing I had to do to it was replace a recoil spring and clean out the gas holes in the barrel.

I've used a Benelli SBE since 1997. I've used it so much that the black paint on the inside of the receiver has been worn off from the shells coming out of the magazine and hitting the side of the receiver. Early on in its life I was killing 100+ geese and 100+ doves with it a year. It sucks for clays because it does not like cycling the light loads I feed it.

If I had to stay below $1,000, it would still be a Beretta.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/910821167

When my son finally graduates to a 12 gauge, I will finally be getting a Beretta A400 Black and a Benelli Super Vinci. I am the kind of guy that cannot justify an "upgrade" unless something is broken or the technological advances make it worthwhile. My guess is the only way the 391 and SBE ever get replaced is by my son and daughter(s) graduating to 12 gauge.

Without a written agreement between you and me, there is no attorney/client relationship. Do NOT rely on what is posted by me or others on this chatboard as sound legal advice. Hire an attorney of your choosing, pay for the advice/research, and rely on that. I discuss topics of interest on this board, I do not provide legal advice for you to rely on.
fabsroman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2021, 06:16 PM #47