Go Back   Maryland Shooters > General > Comments and Suggestions
Don't Have An Account? Register Here

Join MD Shooters

Old August 29th, 2020, 07:42 AM #11

No issues having any ammo shipped to Carroll County from many different companies.
hosspower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2020, 07:52 AM #12

I live in MoCo and my ammo Deliveries always arrive.
r100rsman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2020, 09:49 AM #13

500 rds of Federal 9mm fmj arrived on my doorstep yesterday, ordered on the 13th - 18.99/box and free shipping from federalpremium.com.

Gonna keep an eye on their site bc it seems to become available periodically.
gremlin42 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2020, 11:24 AM #14

There is ammo to be found. I have used Gunbroker...the prices were a big high. I have also used Bass/Cabela's at much better prices - the issue is finding it in stock. Now Optics Planet, they have a restriction and I am not sure why. Point is most places will deliver to MD addresses. If you can wait and find a decent price, do it. However, if you just have to have it then you will pay a few extra pennies for it.
mistabgeez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2020, 11:29 AM #15

I just use AmmoSeek.com to find what is out there and have ordered from a number of sites that deliver to Carroll County just fine...

SGAmmo.com
OutdoorLimited.com

are two that I use regularly
mdbassplayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2020, 04:46 PM #16

Bulk Munitions

My buddy in Mo County just received a case of ammo from bulkmunitions.com that we split. Zero issues.

Seems most people are doing that to share shipping costs, etc., which are outrageous.
phaqr5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2020, 04:49 PM #17

I just saw they have Fiocchi for $360 a case, WHEN it is in stock. Love Fiocchi !

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdbassplayer View Post
I just use AmmoSeek.com to find what is out there and have ordered from a number of sites that deliver to Carroll County just fine...

SGAmmo.com
OutdoorLimited.com

are two that I use regularly
phaqr5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2020, 05:37 PM #18

I use Grabagun. I think it is $12.99 to ship for as much as you want which makes the more you buy, the better your deal. Also use Angelfire for bulk but they stopped selling to the public several months ago for now. No problems with either shipping to Md.
Chiefscs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2020, 07:25 PM #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assault View Post
I think that the only places in Maryland you can't buy ammo online are Montgomery County or Annapolis as they have ordinances in place that restrict online ammo sales. Otherwise, anywhere in the state should be shipped straight to your door.

Magazines over 10 rounds can be bought out of state but can't be shipped to your house. Magazine rebuild kits CAN be shipped to your door. If a vendor refuses to make a legal sale to you it's usually because they aren't familiar with our laws or simply don't care enough to know them. Either way, they see it as too much of a risk to sell to us. Simply buy from someone else if you can't convince them- they aren't worth your time.

Obviously try buying from your local gunshop first. Failing that, gunbroker and armslist are two open markets (gunbroker is a little on the high side, armslist has a lot of scammers,) but I've used both with a lot of success. Badger Mountain Supply has a lot of rebuild kits for standard capacity mags, and they WILL ship straight to your door (in fact, the only place they don't ship it is California.) As for ammo? Use google. Just remember, any magazines over 30 rounds have to be assembled out of state in order for it to be legal.

Buy the kit, go across the border, build the mag, stop by cracker barrel, drive back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyMike View Post
If you live in MoCo (Annapolis too?) there is a local law still on the books that was preempted by state law back in the 80s, but some sites still wonít sell (looking at you Palmetto).

Luckygunner, Budís, Midway, Brownells & Freedom Munitions have all shipped here without issue.
The MoCo and Naptown "laws" remain on the books, but they were struck down by this case...meaning while you can still find the laws, you have to find the court's opinion to understand that they are unenforceable.

Montgomery County v. Atlantic Guns, Inc., 489 A.2d 1114 (Md. 1985) out of the Court of Appeals of Maryland.
This may look like legal advice. It is not. I am not a Maryland lawyer. I do not know you or the details of your concerns. I cannot advise you or answer your legal questions. Hire your own counsel to advise you.
JohnnyE is offline   Reply With Quote

Home Page > Forum List > General > Comments and Suggestions