• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JCB003

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2007
    Crossman 766.

Still have it, still over at my parents house where it's been for almost 30 yrs!?!

To this day, when I visit my parents and go down in the basement I find my self pumping it up and shooting one or two into the box of Christmas ornaments like I did when I was a kid. Old box probably has 200 holes in it. I think I still have the original milk carton of BB's too.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    I also had a Crossman 760. I did terrible things with it, including waking up the neighbor's cat. Used to line up plastic soldiers, put about ten or fifteen BBs down the bore, with a pellet in the muzzle for a stopper. Ten pumps, and mow down the soldiers with grapeshot. That load produced a bit of recoil, too.

One fun thing was to leave my window open in the summer, until I had several wasps in the room. Then I'd pour some salt down the barrel, give it two or three pumps, and blow the wasps away. No damage to walls or glass, but I had wasp spatter all over.

ST19AG_WGreymon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 16, 2009
    Odenton
    I also had a Crossman 760. I did terrible things with it, including waking up the neighbor's cat. Used to line up plastic soldiers, put about ten or fifteen BBs down the bore, with a pellet in the muzzle for a stopper. Ten pumps, and mow down the soldiers with grapeshot. That load produced a bit of recoil, too.

One fun thing was to leave my window open in the summer, until I had several wasps in the room. Then I'd pour some salt down the barrel, give it two or three pumps, and blow the wasps away. No damage to walls or glass, but I had wasp spatter all over.

You make me want to grab my Gamo from the back of the closet and do naughty things with it. :lol: But it's too nice for that. :goes out to buy a Crosman:

rbart48

Dec 30, 2010
    Columbia, MD
    My first airgun was a Daisy BB gun was in 1955

I got my first Daisy BB gun for Christmas in 1955. I was 7 years old. I believe it was a model 102. It definitely was not the Red Ryder model because several of my friends had those; I was jealous. Shot at a bunch of squirrels at my grandfather's house in No. VA; actually hit a few.

rbart48

Last edited:

CallMeIshmael

New Shooter
    Dec 25, 2010
    HoCo
    i can't remember the name of my first airgun, as I had to return it within a couple of hours of purchasing it. I remember it was a crosman and it was a multipump. It was all black, and was not a break barrel, which wasn't exactly what I wanted anyway.

I remember when I was on the air rifle team in NJROTC and we used once pump break barrels that were amazing. we used iron sights and I received 2nd place in competition.

If i were to get an air rifle now, it would probably be a Pre Charged Pneumatic or Break Barrel, with the Nitrogen system. so either an NPSS by remington or crosman, or if i had the money the benjamin rogue. that air rifle is a PCP that's in a .357 caliber. WHAT!!

putneyswope

Dismember
    Aug 7, 2010
    my first was one of the m1 carbine lookalikes from page one and then i moved into a crosman 2240 although it wasn't marked as such back then. many a summer afternoon were spent on my uncle's farm shooting box after box of pellets. those were truly good times.

Kiev88cm

KB3ZKX
    Sep 24, 2009
    I learned proper sight alignment, trigger, and breath control from my brother on an ancient daisy lever action. Next my father bought a small break barrel Czech made pellet gun in .77 cal that was incredible accurate, which I have given to my best friend and he has taught his three children to shoot with it. My first adult air gun was a Chinese B 21 in .22cal and I also have a couple of Mendoza break barrels in .177 and .22 cal.
    When time allows I shoot them in a trap made of heavy steel filled with duct seal....quiet and relaxing...

M6HTZ

Nov 1, 2008
    Signal Mountain, TN
    My first gun was a Daisy 870. I remember buying it from Murphy's Mart in Pasadena. I think it was 27 dollars back in 1985. I had a great time with that gun. I still have it.

Mega

Wolverine
    Feb 18, 2009
    Lewes, DE
    web.jpg

Bart_man

Clinging to gun&religion
    Jan 8, 2011
    Hazzard County
    I had a daisy pump probably a powerline
    Now my boys have a Remington 77 ( made by crossman) and a crossman grizzly oh and one of the guys from church gave me this old CO2 single action (gotta get it serviced)
    4430fdf5-c6d7-0729.jpg

ThumperIII

Jun 11, 2009
    Maryland
    The first one I bought with my own grass cutting money was probably around 1956-7. Hawthorne M180 from Montgonery Ward. Single shot .22 cal CO2 bolt type rifle made by Crosman. Just had all the gasket seals replaced last year and the gas port tweaked. Supposed to give over 620fps with a 14.3gr pellet on a new cartridge. Sighted for 30 yds.
    Had been shooting a Crosman single shot CO2 pistol with my father for a couple years prior. Used the solid lead ball pellets in that pistol as you could shoot into a rag filled cardboard box and retrieve most of the pellets to reuse.

Llyrin

Yankee-Rebel
    Mar 14, 2009
    Charles Co
    Mine was a $10 Daisy that looked like a Red Ryder, but had a synthetic stock (sounds better than "plastic," but that's what it was).

Krispy Kirk

Jan 18, 2010
    HoCo, MD
    Crossman 760. Still got it too. Second was a Daisy Powerline 880 that, despite the higher fps and rifled barrel, just isn't as fun to shoot somehow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom