• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    I really find it odd that the MCP Chief is involved in this. Or is there so little crime in Annapolis that he personally deals with every jaywalking and public-urination citation issued?

(yeah, my gut says Colonel Wilson is just Mike Miller's errand boy ...)
    My gut says he's getting the boot from local chapter of Oathkeepers...

...and his HS Civics teacher is amending his grade.

ELEMENT94

Wild eyed pistol waver.
    Sep 23, 2007
    Big difference if enforcement is selective based on content of the message being presented. Nobody of any political persuasion is allowed to protest within the security zone around the White House.

With Liberals controlling everything including the media, this is going to get complicated. It will be spun as more than a simple 1st Amendment matter. The 2A guys protesting there will be shown to be "unstable and dangerous". Public opinion will be swayed.

ELEMENT94

Wild eyed pistol waver.
    Sep 23, 2007
    Big difference if enforcement is selective based on content of the message being presented. Nobody of any political persuasion is allowed to protest within the security zone around the White House.

They were forced to protest in that park long before 9-11. The WH Security Zone came later.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    I want to say good morning to all the (114) members and the many guest we have (254 right now) please take the time to educate yourself on the rights we all are given being United States citizens . If you are appalled at the behavior of a few that would railroad the rights we all have, then please stand with us .

We are a peaceful and tolerant group of Patriots , MDS is and always will be a place of education . I say stand with us on Monday show the politicians that we are watching them , and we will not tolerate them taking away those rights we hold dear .

Again Welcome all .

Sthomas229

none
    MDS Supporter
    May 7, 2009
    Laurel, MD
    How about everyone having this on a sign Monday?

"Because the First Amendment protects free speech from infringement by the government,
    leafleting and assembly is generally permissible in most public areas, such as public park,
    public streets and sidewalks, and outside public buildings.

cap6888

Ultimate Member
    Oct 2, 2011
    Howard County
    Everytime I get a chance to check the forum, I have to play catch-up to the dozens of pages I’ve missed. It’s obvious that we are galvanized on this issue.

Unfortunately due to work, I can’t make it Monday. Contacting Annapolis does nothing but fall on deaf ears. Getting the ACLU involved in this assault on First Amendment rights is paramount. Does anyone have contact info for them so I can do my part in trying to get them involved?

Hats off and a salute to the resolute members of PP for enduring this travesty.

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    With Liberals controlling everything including the media, this is going to get complicated. It will be spun as more than a simple 1st Amendment matter. The 2A guys protesting there will be shown to be "unstable and dangerous". Public opinion will be swayed.

Don't lump all liberals into one basket. A lot of people who work for the media are hypersensitive to 1A issues b/c their livelihoods depend on it. Don't alienate potential allies, even if they aren't aligned with us on everything. Or even most things.

Sthomas229

none
    MDS Supporter
    May 7, 2009
    Laurel, MD
    How's this for a social media call out announcement?

"No matter what your opinions on the Second Amendment, if you're concerned about the infringement of the First amendment that occurred last Monday, join us this Monday at the State House in Annapolis at 7PM."

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    Don't lump all liberals into one basket. A lot of people who work for the media are hypersensitive to 1A issues b/c their livelihoods depend on it. Don't alienate potential allies, even if they aren't aligned with us on everything. Or even most things.

Yes, this is much, much bigger than Maryland politics or gun rights. This is universal civil rights.

Our signs should be about free speech, free assembly, and civil liberties for all.

THIS IS WHAT DEMOCRACY LOOKS LIKE

And tell the world that we have been doing this for three years.

PATRIOT PICKETS -OUR THIRD YEAR RIGHT HERE

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    One question, has the media been made clearly aware the guys were issued additional citations yesterday on the scene of where they had just finished speaking to a news crew and doing an interview? I wouldn't want that to get buried in the thread pages here. A lot of the media might not really like gun rights advocates, but none of them like to hear things like that.

Seagrave1963

Still learnin'
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 6, 2011
    Eastern Shore

I've noticed there has been a slowly growing trend toward using the term "Leftists", which IMHO, better fits the far left fringe versus the label "liberals". Maybe I haven't had enough coffee this morning to get completely fired up

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    I've noticed there has been a slowly growing trend toward using the term "Leftists", which IMHO, better fits the far left fringe versus the label "liberals". Maybe I haven't had enough coffee this morning to get completely fired up

I am a classical liberal. I stand with James Madison for the US Constitution.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    A question to ask later on if it comes down to it, is in the years he has been Chief, how many trespassing citations has he gone out of his way to write himself? I will go with this is the very first time. Because. Retaliation.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom