• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Elite84

Oct 29, 2008
    I received a package I've been waiting for from psa, I ordered the vortex strikefire premium rifle kit from Palmetto state armory. To my disappointment what got got was definitely not what i ordered. They sent me a PTAC m4 kit with no strikefire sight, i don't know if they were trying to pull a fast one but i guess someone screwed up and sent the wrong thing. I called them and they said they will replace the mess up order.

The one thing that really got my attention was the Ptac kit it self, upon inspection I was extremely disappointed with the overall quality of the kit. I know some of us all thought about getting the attractively priced ptac kit with the YHM quad rails, but you get what you pay for with PTAC.

The over all finish was rough, wasr10 rough!
    The color has a off tent to it on the barrel and upper, blemishes all over the place.
    The edges are not smoothed off inside and out.
    I was so put off I packed it up asap and wanted it out of my house.

I called back right away and made sure the rifle kit i ordered had nothing to do with PTAC, and they said they knew the issue and i quote "YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR'. Luckily premium kit is made by PSA. I wanted to give a warning to those who are curious about PTAC, think twice before ordering.

spfrazierjr

Mar 1, 2013
    I received a package I've been waiting for from psa, I ordered the vortex strikefire premium rifle kit from Palmetto state armory. To my disappointment what got got was definitely not what i ordered. They sent me a PTAC m4 kit with no strikefire sight, i don't know if they were trying to pull a fast one but i guess someone screwed up and sent the wrong thing. I called them and they said they will replace the mess up order.

The one thing that really got my attention was the Ptac kit it self, upon inspection I was extremely disappointed with the overall quality of the kit. I know some of us all thought about getting the attractively priced ptac kit with the YHM quad rails, but you get what you pay for with PTAC.

The color has a off tent to it on the barrel and upper, blemishes all over the place.

I called back right away and made sure the rifle kit i ordered had nothing to do with PTAC, and they said they knew the issue and i quote "YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR'. Luckily premium kit is made by PSA. I wanted to give a warning to those who are curious about PTAC, think twice before ordering.

I ordered one of the ptac rifle kits with the yhm quad rail and blackhawk lbk and plan on replacing the barrel. The upper is very nice with zero blemishes and looks like it is just like any other upper from psa. The lbk though is not the blackhawk but instead a ptac with blackhawk stock and ergo grip. The parts have a rough finish and even some of the matting surfaces had nicks/gouges in them. I touch them up with 1000 grit and all is good. However I am not extremely happy that the kit was improperly listed because the listing did not say anything about ptac parts other that calling it a ptac in the title.

dweaver

Jun 8, 2013
    Washington Co. MD

A bit scary, I was about to order one of these but I'm not looking for all those issues...
    Now I may have to start the decision process all over again.

wreckdiver

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2008
    PSA is pretty good to deal with. They will take care of you, it just might take awhile

JailHouseLiar

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 26, 2013
    Timonium, Maryland
    PSA is pretty good to deal with. They will take care of you, it just might take awhile

This^

They botched up my first order years ago for some reloading components, sent a call tag as well as shipped the correct stuff before receiving the return. I have spent plenty there after that over the years and always have been satisfied. They will take care of it.

altima98

Apr 6, 2008
    Wow, glad that did not happen with my M4 Strikefire kit. I had a much better experience. I was expecting it to be a 3 week wait, but it showed up in 4 Business days and as Hickok45 says, "Sweet, Sweet, Sweet" :D:D

dweaver

Jun 8, 2013
    Washington Co. MD
    Did anyone else order the ptac upper(with the quad rails)? Is this the normal quality of that upper?

It obviously appears decent in the photos and the price is just as attractive but I'd prefer not to order it if it's just going to end in disappointment.

spfrazierjr

Mar 1, 2013
    Did anyone else order the ptac upper(with the quad rails)? Is this the normal quality of that upper?

It obviously appears decent in the photos and the price is just as attractive but I'd prefer not to order it if it's just going to end in disappointment.

I did. It looks like PSA quality not ptac. Bcg does not appear to be chrome lined.

Elite84

Oct 29, 2008
    Update, I sent the package right back to them. They authorized the out going shipment as soon as they saw the ups drop off conformation, for that I am grateful. Going back to PTAC, I called back and talked to a representative after i posted this thread. He said ptac is just a lower quality line and the finish issue is just what you get at that price point. At least they are honest about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom