• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    I think we all miss the days when you could get a "project grade" Russian Mosin Nagant M44 7.62x54R Carbine for $99.95 shipped from AIM.

Especially when the only "project" on those was cleaning up the cosmoline and being left with a decent rifle having a few different serial numbers and a rack grade stock.

Last edited:

CursezZz

Jan 12, 2020
    Baltimore
    i've only recently gained interest in firearms (a little over a year now) and even less time on Milsurp firearms, and reading about people buying mosins and such for <$100 makes me so jealous!

I think we all miss the days when you could get a "project grade" Russian Mosin Nagant M44 7.62x54R Carbine for $99.95 shipped from AIM.

Especially when the only "project" on those was cleaning up the cosmoline and being left with a decent rifle having a few different serial numbers and a rack grade stock.

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    i've only recently gained interest in firearms (a little over a year now) and even less time on Milsurp firearms, and reading about people buying mosins and such for <$100 makes me so jealous!

Do you have a C&R (FFL-03) license? If not, then get one. $30 well spent.

It only takes an hour or so to find all the info you need and fill out the forms. Of course, your wallet will take a hit once you start buying safes to house your new hobby. :D

Seriously, apply for an FFL-03 license. There's nothing quite as satisfying as having a firearm dropped off at your front door by the BBT (UPS Truck).

Last edited:

CursezZz

Jan 12, 2020
    Baltimore
    i started filling it out last night oddly enough lol how do they handle magazine capacity? still ship to the door if over 10rds?
    Do you have a C&R (FFL-03) license? If not, then get one. $35 well spent.

It only takes an hour or so to find all the info you need and fill out the forms. Of course, your wallet will take a hit once you start buying safes to house your new hobby. :D

Seriously, apply for an FFL-03 license. There's nothing quite as satisfying as having a firearm dropped off at your front door by the BBT (UPS Truck).

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    I mistyped. C&R license is $30.

You still need to obey the MD laws.

There are some exemptions for C&R guns, but the magazine limit is not one of them - 10 rounds max shipped to MD. You can get the gun shipped without a mag or with a 10 round (or less) mag or a std mag permanently pinned to 10 rounds.

Makarov takes an 8 round mag.

Last edited:

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    i started filling it out last night oddly enough lol how do they handle magazine capacity? still ship to the door if over 10rds?

No. You have to be a dealer in firearms or manufacturer of to legally buy, sell or manufacture magazines of >10 rounds. Most of the C&R dealers will sell it to you without the magazine and either you have to go out of state to find a magazine (legal to buy outside and bring it back in, you just can't ship it in as the state considered that the transfer when you get it inside MD's borders).

Occasionally you have to call them (like Classic) when ordering a C&R gun with a mag >10 round, but they'll do it just fine.

Some individuals might be willing to ship the magazine to a PO box or address outside the state and the C&R firearm to you.

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo

I've got one of those sitting in the safe as we speak. Turned out to be one that went the Stalin>Mao>Hoxah>US route and likely saw action. It's matching except the bolt. Chu-wood splices in the stock and a Chicom bolt.

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    I've got one of those sitting in the safe as we speak. Turned out to be one that went the Stalin>Mao>Hoxah>US route and likely saw action. It's matching except the bolt. Chu-wood splices in the stock and a Chicom bolt.

Mine is in the basement, 'cept the bolt is in the safe next to the buck seventy Tula double date "MO" Mosin (pristine). Missed the Hex "MO" by 30 min's. :cool:

CursezZz

Jan 12, 2020
    Baltimore
    yeah i assumed as much, i have a UPS box in PA for that reason lol

No. You have to be a dealer in firearms or manufacturer of to legally buy, sell or manufacture magazines of >10 rounds. Most of the C&R dealers will sell it to you without the magazine and either you have to go out of state to find a magazine (legal to buy outside and bring it back in, you just can't ship it in as the state considered that the transfer when you get it inside MD's borders).

Occasionally you have to call them (like Classic) when ordering a C&R gun with a mag >10 round, but they'll do it just fine.

Some individuals might be willing to ship the magazine to a PO box or address outside the state and the C&R firearm to you.

CursezZz

Jan 12, 2020
    Baltimore
    yeah i assumed as much and i am aware of the Makarov being 8 rounds, i also had my eye on a CZ82 which is 12 rd capacity which is where my curiosity was
    I mistyped. C&R license is $30.

You still need to obey the MD laws.

There are some exemptions for C&R guns, but the magazine limit is not one of them - 10 rounds max shipped to MD. You can get the gun shipped without a mag or with a 10 round (or less) mag or a std mag permanently pinned to 10 rounds.

Makarov takes an 8 round mag.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom