• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Slackdaddy

My pronouns: Iva/Bigun
    Jan 1, 2019
    I am pretty sure at this point every thief knows to look under the flag shadow box and behind the full length mirror for the "secret" wallsafe.

noddaz

bonehead
    Jan 9, 2014
    Arnold
    But there is nothing to keep you from building a hiding spot in your home. Fake wall at the back of a closet, hidden drawer under a drawer. Whatever.

Slackdaddy

My pronouns: Iva/Bigun
    Jan 1, 2019
    That is the plan,, I was getting ideas and there was 378,821 advertisements for "secret" behind the mirror safes.
    I'm a buider/contrctor,, welder, so it will be creative.

But there is nothing to keep you from building a hiding spot in your home. Fake wall at the back of a closet, hidden drawer under a drawer. Whatever.

Steel Hunter

Nov 10, 2019
    I've seen a tile shower where one of the tiles can pivot to reveal a latch that lets the whole back wall of the shower swing open into a Jacuzzi tub room with poker table and full bar. Why the guy decided to put the door through a shower I have no idea, but I certainly wouldn't be looking there for a man cave entrance so I guess it was pretty clever.

The possibilities for concealment are endless and really dependent on your house decor. Any regular everyday object that is hard to sell or not worth stealing due to size or type of object is a good choice to consider.

Skipjacks

Ultimate Member
    Get one of these. Put your guns in it.

Probably don't even need to put a lock on it.

No thief would take a chance.

Attachments

• Stainless-Steel-Sanitary-Napkins-Receptacles-510x510.jpg
      Stainless-Steel-Sanitary-Napkins-Receptacles-510x510.jpg
      21.2 KB · Views: 760

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    False bottom cat litter box is another "plain in sight" stash for a pistol.

Jed195

Ultimate Member
    Oct 19, 2011
    MD.
    Large thick hollowed book...like an old webster's dictionary or coffee table book, goodwill has lots for $1. If you're a builder of things...a blind drawer with a magnetic catch or shelves that have drawers in the shelf itself.

Slowhand

Pre-Banned
    Dec 13, 2011
    In a van, down by the river.
    Large thick hollowed book...like an old webster's dictionary or coffee table book, goodwill has lots for $1. If you're a builder of things...a blind drawer with a magnetic catch or shelves that have drawers in the shelf itself.

This book!

Attachments

• 27d323f17fbe4dd55b1a369131e040ce2a645c51.jpg
      27d323f17fbe4dd55b1a369131e040ce2a645c51.jpg
      23.4 KB · Views: 351

Skipjacks

Ultimate Member
    Toilet water tank?

I have seen those. It's a weighted plastic bowl that sits on the bottom of the tank but rises above the water line

Problem to me would be that even if the gun wasn't actually in the water....it's always damp in the tank and any metal firearm would rust quickly

It's also been seen in a dozen movies as a place to hide cash, drugs, a second cell phone (for you Breaking Bad fans) so it might be a place thieves actually check

Also it means less water flushing so you'd have more floaters in the bowl.

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    [Posting for a friend]

It's not hard to punch through drywall.

If you've got two Glock 17's, you could seal one up with a few loaded mags and use the other for practice.

Other than the fresh paint and vacuuming drywall powder for a week or two, it's pretty simple.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom