• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    What about buying a stripped lower to build a pistol? It's cash and carry with a 4473 at an FFL, the thing I'm wondering is if there's a law enforcing background checks for private sales of AR-9 stripped lowers, for the intention of making pistols?

Is a 9mm pistol considered a regulated firearm?

I BELIEVE a stripped lower is transferred on a 77r, since it is not a rifle and can be a pistol.

Nickberg500

Ultimate Member
    Sep 20, 2019
    North of Baltimore County
    I BELIEVE a stripped lower is transferred on a 77r, since it is not a rifle and can be a pistol.
    This is why I asked lol, from this post alone some have said 4473, others 77r, and other evidence points to nothing at all, the law is just vague. It sounds like until I pay a lawyer I just have to go with my gut.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    This is why I asked lol, from this post alone some have said 4473, others 77r, and other evidence points to nothing at all, the law is just vague. It sounds like until I pay a lawyer I just have to go with my gut.

Do an 80%. Problem solved.

Nickberg500

Ultimate Member
    Sep 20, 2019
    North of Baltimore County
    Do an 80%. Problem solved.
    Already did a p80 Glock. Between the cost and time of making a metal AR, it's hard to budget for rn knowing Annapolis tastes blood. I guess if they're banned I can just buy serialized stripped lowers to replace them... And/or go on a boating trip...
    111c2f9d652edfd842664928927529ce.jpg

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Already did a p80 Glock. Between the cost and time of making a metal AR, it's hard to budget for rn knowing Annapolis tastes blood. I guess if they're banned I can just buy serialized stripped lowers to replace them... And/or go on a boating trip...
    111c2f9d652edfd842664928927529ce.jpg

How can Annapolis regulate what they don’t know about? F*ck them. WWNC

ted76

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 20, 2013
    Frederick

Don't you have to fill out both forms for an AR15 lower?

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    This is/was my point. If you go to an FFL and they want you to do the 77R you do it. If you just need to do the 4473 and NICS do that. You can determine how you would sell it FTF based on that. If someone wants to sell you something legally or maybe questionably, STFU and either do it or don't. Just don't ask a cop if something is legal or not, it may warrant unwanted attention.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom