• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Javo-J10

Dec 26, 2016
    Hanover, PA
    Hey MDS. Longtime lurker, first time poster. I’ve been taking info, tips, tricks, deals and general knowledge from the brain trust for 2 years. Figure it’s way past time to give back a little.

I live in Hanover, PA for about 10 yrs now. I travel through MD for business and shoot/hunt in Carroll County so naturally I’m interested in staying on top of MD firearms chatter. I purchase primarily with Hogsniper (Highrock Outfitters). Top notch, as so many others have said before.

I am 45 and bought my first firearm at age 30. No guns growing up. First buy was a 12ga mossberg 500 for home defense, rabbit and deer (with slug barrel). Still have it wearing an 18” barrel for HD.

Since then I’ve added hand guns, semi auto rifles, bolt action rifles, muzzleloader and more shotguns.

Well, that’s a good start. But I do have one question: how do I transport a firearm in MD legally? Just kidding. I’ve read every thread on that for the last 2 years. :P

Jason

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    Hey MDS. Longtime lurker, first time poster. I’ve been taking info, tips, tricks, deals and general knowledge from the brain trust for 2 years. Figure it’s way past time to give back a little.

I live in Hanover, PA for about 10 yrs now. I travel through MD for business and shoot/hunt in Carroll County so naturally I’m interested in staying on top of MD firearms chatter. I purchase primarily with Hogsniper (Highrock Outfitters). Top notch, as so many others have said before.

I am 45 and bought my first firearm at age 30. No guns growing up. First buy was a 12ga mossberg 500 for home defense, rabbit and deer (with slug barrel). Still have it wearing an 18” barrel for HD.

Since then I’ve added hand guns, semi auto rifles, bolt action rifles, muzzleloader and more shotguns.

Well, that’s a good start. But I do have one question: how do I transport a firearm in MD legally? Just kidding. I’ve read every thread on that for the last 2 years. :P

Jason

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well at least you didn't ask if your AR upper was MD legal :lol2:

Welcome to MDS

Javo-J10

Dec 26, 2016
    Hanover, PA
    Welcome from Frederick County. Great intro.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Thank you and thank you specifically for the tips on the CZ 455 22lr/17hmr Silencerco combo from Kentucky Guns a while back and more recently the CZ 527 7.62x39 American Rustic from Buds Guns.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Thank you and thank you specifically for the tips on the CZ 455 22lr/17hmr Silencerco combo from Kentucky Guns a while back and more recently the CZ 527 7.62x39 American Rustic from Buds Guns.
    Lol, hope you've been pleased with both. Never know if I get lucky litter picks sometimes with these wood stocked CZ rifles or their production standards are generally high. I've gotten enough good ones that I think it's the latter. Not sure if there's a modern day analogy, but while they might not ascend to the level of Winchester in 1964 or before, I think that they could hang with Remington of that era. Solid craftsmanship at a decent price, and meant for the field.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Javo-J10

Dec 26, 2016
    Hanover, PA
    No complaints with CZ from me. I have a PCR and Scorpion to go with those 2 rifles. All shoot well for me. So far the 455 has driven tacks with the .17 barrel (haven’t used the 22 yet). I should soon have a Sparrow to screw onto the end of it. I only have 2 mags through the 527. My cheap ammo grouped well enough and with a little more practice will likely be brought into service for deer next year. Still getting used to the single set trigger...very light.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA

Attachments

• msi_welcome.jpg
      msi_welcome.jpg
      30.2 KB · Views: 90

Mightydog

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Welcome from west of Fredneck. Just remember almost nothings personal in these forums and at times you need a thick skin. We have great mods so think before you post to avoid any conflicts. Again welcome!

Dave MP

Retired USA
    Jun 13, 2010
    Farmland, PA

Javo-J10

Dec 26, 2016
    Hanover, PA
    Welcome aboard!!

Hogsniper is good people.

We'll have to schedule a MDS lunch at Texas Hot Weiner Lunch.

...good people indeed. But we will differ on the hot wiener. I don’t like it and I’ve given it many chances, both Texas Weiner and Famous Hot. :) you could do better in the comfort of your own home with any internet chili recipe. But I’d be happy to join the group. If it was up to me, I’d suggest Buds at Silver Run for a meet up.

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    ...good people indeed. But we will differ on the hot wiener. I don’t like it and I’ve given it many chances, both Texas Weiner and Famous Hot. :) you could do better in the comfort of your own home with any internet chili recipe. But I’d be happy to join the group. If it was up to me, I’d suggest Buds at Silver Run for a meet up.
    Hmmmm

My wife and I have eaten at Bud's twice (excellent!), but seems kind of fancy for MDS.

Is the bar area more casual?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom