• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sealion

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 19, 2016
    Balto Co
    Band camp is like the fight club...

Too funny...I don't have a creative bone in my body, so it's hard for me to understand what it takes. All I know, is that my son is at Calvert Hall now and plays sports. I don't think any of the sports teams works as hard as the band. Go Hall.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Too funny...I don't have a creative bone in my body, so it's hard for me to understand what it takes. All I know, is that my son is at Calvert Hall now and plays sports. I don't think any of the sports teams works as hard as the band. Go Hall.

Good stuff. What sports does he play? My youngest, who is at Loyola University now, Wrestled and played Rugby. My oldest son played Lacrosse and did the entire band thing. My middle son wasn't happy, but did almost 3 years of band.

Great school!

Sealion

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 19, 2016
    Balto Co
    Good stuff. What sports does he play? My youngest, who is at Loyola University now, Wrestled and played Rugby. My oldest son played Lacrosse and did the entire band thing. My middle son wasn't happy, but did almost 3 years of band.

Great school!

Yes, it is a great school. We couldn't be happier. He's doing soccer now and will try out for lacrosse. Just a freshman at this point.

BTW: Rugby rocks.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Yes, it is a great school. We couldn't be happier. He's doing soccer now and will try out for lacrosse. Just a freshman at this point.

You know, I'm getting old and forgetful. My middle son played 3 years of Rugby too. I'm getting old...

Yes, the sports programs are very good. I'm glad he's enjoying the Hall.

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter

You know, I'm getting old and forgetful. My middle son played 3 years of Rugby too. I'm getting old...

Yes, the sports programs are very good. I'm glad he's enjoying the Hall.
    Did you both play or only watch as parents?

I played in a former life.

We should start a MDS Rugby thread.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007

Not much. A few pick up friendly games after the kids practiced. Having had a bad knee for some time, I just couldn't do it. I grew up in an area where the Catholic kids played soccer, I played football and baseball. About the age of 12 I picked up lacrosse. Didn't get into rugby until my son started playing for Calvert Hall. Helped out with Timonium's Rec Ball Rugby program when my youngest started playing there.

Sealion

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 19, 2016
    Balto Co

I've only watched as a fan. I played other sports that competed seasonally. I became interested watching my younger brother play club rugby in college. My declining interest in NFL only increases my interest in Rugby. Rugby 7's are a lot of fun to watch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom