• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blackstar65

Ultimate Member
    Jun 27, 2010
    With the recent SBR trouble I am rethinking my plans. I am building a. 300 AAC rifle. If I go with a 16“ barrel does it have to be a "hbar"? I know anything in a . 556 needs to be a" hbar" unless it a pistol or NFA item. Thanks for the help.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    With the recent SBR trouble I am rethinking my plans. I am building a. 300 AAC rifle. If I go with a 16“ barrel does it have to be a "hbar"? I know anything in a . 556 needs to be a" hbar" unless it a pistol or NFA item. Thanks for the help.

A 300BLK barrel is by definition an HBAR, due to the size of the bore.

I'm building one for deer hunting and I am in the clear, because the barrel doesn't narrow down under the handguards.

BTW, there is no definition as to what HBAR really is, in COMAR. It is safe to assume that a 300BLK barrel is HABR, because the standard 223 size barrel, bored out to 300, would not be able to contain the pressures involved as the bullet transits the bore.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    You can always get a 14.5'' barrel and pin/weld a muzzle device(maybe a suppressor/muz. brake) on it to achieve 16'' minimum. That's the rout i'm taking, for now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Marty S.

Latest threads

Top Bottom