• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blackstar65

Ultimate Member
    Jun 27, 2010
    Does $35 seem like reasonable rate to process a stripped lower? Is their anybody cheaper and reliable in Charles County?

Jul 1, 2012
    Just don't go to Bobs Sunoco, they're communist and don't know the law! Hahahaha

I know I'm going to regret asking this but huh?
    I've never had any issues there over many purchases/transfers and don't recall ever seeing any commie pamphlets or flags :)

Tomcat

Formerly Known As HITWTOM
    May 7, 2012
    St.Mary's County
    He didn't understand the FSA2013 law when it was first enacted but I will admit there was a lot of confusion back then. I wanted to purchase a handgun on October 1 as a F you Omally. (retired military no HQL required) He argued with me that I was just exempt from the training requirement. I left and went up the road and made my purchase and haven't been back. In the recent election he was supporting John Bohanan and that turned some people off.

SoMD_Gen4

Apr 16, 2013
    SoMD
    He didn't understand the FSA2013 law when it was first enacted but I will admit there was a lot of confusion back then. I wanted to purchase a handgun on October 1 as a F you Omally. (retired military no HQL required) He argued with me that I was just exempt from the training requirement. I left and went up the road and made my purchase and haven't been back. In the recent election he was supporting John Bohanan and that turned some people off.

He still doesn't understand it....

tc617

USN Sub Vet
    Jan 12, 2012
    Yuma, Arizona
    All Pawn charges $25 for the transfer and $10 MSP fee. If you are a MD designated collector they will do up to three (3) transfers on one 4473 for $25.

This is where I have all of my multiple lowers shipped too. All of the guys there are helpful and great to deal with. :)

The only thing All Pawn lacks is a FFL license to do NFA items. :sad20:

Jul 1, 2012

Gotcha. Calling him a communist is pretty harsh but I can understand the frustration :)

I would postulate that no one really fully understands SB281/FSA2013 to this day due to the vague way it was written (on purpose) - and that includes the MSP (esp regarding AR15 lowers)

All my interactions at Bob's have been straightforward so no issues and they've done me several solids.

... anyway, Bob's is in lower St Mary's and unrelated to the OP's initial query.

SoMD_Gen4

Apr 16, 2013
    SoMD
    Gotcha. Calling him a communist is pretty harsh but I can understand the frustration :) .

Probably true :rolleyes:

All my interactions at Bob's have been straightforward so no issues and they've done me several solids.

... anyway, Bob's is in lower St Mary's and unrelated to the OP's initial query.

Should also point out, I don't have any issues with the PEOPLE that work in Bob's....just what they are told to say by management (Bob)

navycraig

Ultimate Member
    Aug 3, 2009
    St. Mary's

This assertion has been bothering me as I shop at Bob's often. I just came from there and verified that NO HQL required if current active duty or fully retired (blue I.D.). Folks that only did a few years and are medically retired are different, it seems and they do need an HQL.

Tomcat

Formerly Known As HITWTOM
    May 7, 2012
    St.Mary's County
    This assertion has been bothering me as I shop at Bob's often. I just came from there and verified that NO HQL required if current active duty or fully retired (blue I.D.). Folks that only did a few years and are medically retired are different, it seems and they do need an HQL.

Read what you quoted me saying. I wanted to purchase a handgun on Oct 1 as a F you Omally since I was not required to have an HQL. (fully retired Navy 26 years) The new law had just gone into effect and he didn't understand it then, now he might.

navycraig

Ultimate Member
    Aug 3, 2009
    St. Mary's
    Read what you quoted me saying. I wanted to purchase a handgun on Oct 1 as a F you Omally since I was not required to have an HQL. (fully retired Navy 26 years) The new law had just gone into effect and he didn't understand it then, now he might.

10-4, Chief. You posted back in August that you would not go to Bob's...although not offering a reason.

There are many, many accounts of Bob's being a solid place to shop and get good deals with great service. Unfortunately, you seem to have had an experience that was less than ideal and has left a bad taste.

Back when most FFLs were making folks wait for paperwork to come back from MSP, Bob was one of the very few how stepped up and did right by his customers. He deserves the solid support of those of us that use him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom