• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • aquaman

Ultimate Member
    Sep 21, 2008
    Belcamp, MD
    So just to get it clear in my mind. The N-PAP milled open to accept the double stack, still has the single stack bolt installed?

from what ive read over the past year the first n paps had the single stack bolt but they switched to double at some point. i dont have one personally so ymmv

however i do have a couple spare m70 bolts if someone needs one

dementlr

Feb 8, 2011
    St. Mary's County
    I purchased the O-PAP from J&G and the first thing I tried to do was to replace the stock. I found a synthetic one that fits, but the bolt that threads through the stock is too long (the original one is about 10" long, I now need one about 6" long). Looks like the original bolt was the wrong size and it was forced into the receiver altering the threads of the bolt and the receiver. Anyone have any idea what the original bolt size may have been?

Scott7891

Love those Combloc guns
    Sep 4, 2007
    Back in MD sadly
    Whats the deal on these? I hadnt been tracking them closely but how is the quality?

How much is reworked by Century? I like the idea that they have a heavy RPK style reciever.

These are factory built by Zastava of the former Yugoslavia who has been building these since the 60's for their military.

Like the WASR's, Century imports them, opens up the magwell, and adds 922r components like the trigger, pistol grip, muzzle nut, and either a piston or piece of wood furniture.

The O-PAP's are much better than the first and second gen PAP's that had single stack bolts that wouldn't work with double-stack mags and the quality wasn't as nice. Zastava and Century finally got it right with the O-PAP.

They don't have the grenade launching capability, tritium flip-up sites, or a bayonet lug however Zastava does market real M70's without the grenade launching capability so these are still technically realistic clones of the real deal M70's.

The only caveat with them IMO is knowing what the lining of the barrel is since although the barrel is hammer-forged I can't find anywhere what they use to line the barrel. I think I heard somewhere they are polished? Either way I would avoid shooting bi-metal ammo through it for the long-term.

Daddyursus

Trusted Shellback
    Jan 11, 2013
    In a van down by the river
    My N-PAP arrived at my FFL last week and I get to pick it up tomorrow. When I opened the box, I found a beautiful example of a Zatava AKM. I immediately broke it down and found that it had a double stack bolt. The rivets on the receiver were perfect. Not one mushroomed. I also own an O-PAP. An excellent weapon and functioning flawlessly but the furniture as received was 2nd rate. It was a rough surface with a couple of gouges. I happy with my purchase but a bit annoyed that I had to sand, stain and finish off all the woodwork. The N-PAP requires nothing but a light coat of wax

Ender

Jan 9, 2011
    Anyone tried putting a folding stock on one of these? I was going to keep it all wood furniture but I saw a picture of Yugo with a Ace side folding stock that I like the look of. Looks like if I get this Ace Yugo receiver block I should be able to throw a Bonesteel folding Galil style stock on there without any issues.

http://riflestocks.com/store/product35.html

http://bonesteelarms.com/Ak-Saiga-Folding-Galil-style-stock-AKFSGL.htm

I like that the Bonesteel has reviewed well and is supposed to be stronger than an ace folder, I would like it to look something like this. Anyone tried out a Bonesteel?

AK_zpsfa41fcad.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom