MOM's email/fundraiser on greenhouse gasses...

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smkranz

Certified Caveman
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 21, 2013
    Carroll County
    Not at all sure how/why I am on MOM's email list, except maybe for the DINO thing. Sent a reply as follows:

1069150_10200817915143328_2004422660_n.jpg

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    Climate disruption is real -- it is not an ideological issue any more than gravity. The sea level is rising, our world is warming, and severe weather costs us more and more each year.

...and by jacking Maryland resident's electric bills through the roof we're going to fix it.

This is what the Smart Meter is all about. Its going to be used to punish higher than average electricity users until they comply with the State's standards.

smkranz

Certified Caveman
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 21, 2013
    Carroll County
    ...and here is the email. Click the link, and you, too can give Martin your thoughts:

+++++

Steve [Martin and I are on a first-name basis] -

Climate disruption is real -- it is not an ideological issue any more than gravity. The sea level is rising, our world is warming, and severe weather costs us more and more each year.

And in Maryland, with 3,200 miles of rising coastlines, our state is more vulnerable than most when it comes to a changing climate.

That's why we've already taken action to create one of America's largest clusters of green jobs, raised fuel economy standards, and taken steps to promote solar, on-shore, and off-shore wind energy.

But we can do more, and together we will.

Say you're with me in our effort to reduce carbon emissions while ensuring a more prosperous future.

http://action.martinomalley.com/climate-action

Today, I am announcing one of the country's most ambitious plans to reduce poisonous emissions while pumping $1.6 billion into Maryland's economy and creating at least 37,000 jobs. The plan will:

- Reduce greenhouse gas emissions 25% by 2020.
    - Cut the amount of emissions allowed from our fossil fueled power plants by more than 40%.
    - Double Maryland's transit ridership by 2020.
    - And, by promoting strategies like composting and greater recycling, we've set the goal of eliminating 85% of Maryland's waste by 2030.

These are long-term goals that will take everyone playing a part. Are you in?

http://action.martinomalley.com/climate-action

If we want better results, we have to make better choices.

I hope you'll join me and track our progress together at our StateStat website.

All the best,

Martin O'Malley

Mr H

Banana'd
    Well, it's official...

That's why we've already taken action to create one of America's largest clusters of green jobs, raised fuel economy standards, and taken steps to promote solar, on-shore, and off-shore wind energy.

MD is confirmed as a CLUSTER-job state!!

Wait a minute... maybe "job" wasn't the word I was looking for.......

AvidRider

Dec 3, 2010
    I would love to write back and challenge him on his claims. Spend $1.6 Billion and create 37,000 jobs. Let's ask him to show us the plan! After all, anybody can spew BS of what they WANT to do, but many of them will not show us HOW they plan to do it.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Does it REALLY surprise anyone these days that Owe'Malley follows Obama's progressive playbook ? And, he means to drive home Maryland's nickname for the rest of the country ...

"America in Miniature" will take on a whole new meaning if he gets a chance.

Obama O'Malley 2016

Just substitute one 'O' for another ...

:mad54: :tdown: :mad54:

Feb 28, 2013
    Brace yourselves for the "spicy food" tax, in the name of preventing climate change. After all, it's "for the children". :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom