• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Meditator

Dec 9, 2007
    Bethesda MD
    I saw an ad on Sturgewehr on Sunday about the Bulgarian 16" 5.45x39 Krinkov front end. I remember vaguely seeing something like this being sold some time ago by K-var.

W/out picture to see, I was not sure if the seller was actually trying to sell the Bulgarian AK105 front end (w/ original 5.45 barrel and front sight/gas block combo same as SLR106/107CR). I also knew that some people get confused calling SLR106/107CR- AK105 as Krinkov. The price was right either way at $210 shipped, so I had to act fast since more people started looking.

Today, I got the package and look at what I found. Original Bulgarian 16" 5.45x39 krinkov w/ front sight/ gas block combo along w/ rear sight block.

Now I don't even know what the heck I am going to do w/ it. Since rear sight / top cover is not available anywhere. Same as original folder, which I don't really care about- Romanian wire folder is fine w/ me.

Attachments

• 5.45 Krinkov.JPG
      5.45 Krinkov.JPG
      10.2 KB · Views: 493
    Last edited:

Meditator

Dec 9, 2007
    Bethesda MD
    Krinkov kit? -too expensive for me. Only parts I think I really need , if I plan on doing anything w/ it at all, are: the top cover ( which is almost as difficult to find as the front sight / gas block combo), and maybe gas tube. The triangle folder is OK, but I can live it out it.

I have a SLR106UR- Bulgarian Krink in 5.56, so I know what the Krink feels like (minus the longer barrel). I actually was thinking, while ordering this unseen front end, if I end up getting the real Krink front end; then it will cost me even more money.

I may end up just keeping it as parts, since I like the look of the combo sight/gas block on an AK. I remember when these kits were availalbe in the late '90 for around $200 from the Chief Thunder. I bought two of them which I sold one later as complete kit, and one which I lost the front sight combo which I sold as parts.

Idempotent

Zombies' Worst Nightmare
    Apr 12, 2010
    Can you maybe explain what this is for the rest of us bemused onlookers? Is that a barrel for an AK-74? A barreled action?

Meditator

Dec 9, 2007
    Bethesda MD
    Ask and you shall receive. That's the front end of the AK74U/AKSU-AKA "Krinkov"- not just the typical AK74. I have included a picture of my SLR106UR which is a 5.56x45 Krinkov made in Bulgaria- so ready for SBR! The Krink barrel is 16" 5.45x39 cal w/ front sight/gas block combo - has not been available from K-var for many, many years. And if you live in a state not allowing SBR- not MD, or don't want to do SBR/fake suppressor- this is an excellent choice. Even then, it was still over $300.

Bulgarian Krink kit w/ 9" barrel currently commands around $1000 and up. And Tula made w/ out barrel is around $7-800. Just the front sight/gas block by itself, may cost $150 and up- but K-var hasn't have it for years- same as OEM barrel. I just looked at gas tube which was $55. And, a top cover w/ rear sight was $54 when it was "last" available- which some guy sold it for almost $160 in a short time. Pretty expensive for an AK. Reason why I probably won't do anything to it, since parts are so expensive.

Attachments

• Krinkov.JPG
      Krinkov.JPG
      24.2 KB · Views: 828

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads