• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan
    According to the Gun Violence Archive, these are the annual numbers for willful, malicious, and accidental deaths involving guns (and do not include suicides involving firearms). The GVA has been reported to inflate numbers based on how they count. I'm not certain, but I think they include defensive shootings in these numbers below. See the jump from 2019 to 2020 ...

2014 12,418

2015 13,537

2016 15,112

2017 15,679

2018 14,789

2019 15,208

2020 19,223

From March to December of 2020, many schools were closed across the US. Thus, school shootings, as horrific as they are, are not a significant contributor to gun deaths in this country. It was a massive, nationwide controlled experiment. Kids were kept out of school, essentially insulating them from potential school shootings. Only pointing this out because the school shootings are often used as the proxy for increased gun control, as what happened in Maryland and other states in 2013.

Very Good Information. At this point Biden/Harris really doesn't care about those stats.
    Only their "common sense"! "puke"!!

Harrys

Short Round
    Jul 12, 2014
    SOMD
    According to the Gun Violence Archive, these are the annual numbers for willful, malicious, and accidental deaths involving guns (and do not include suicides involving firearms). The GVA has been reported to inflate numbers based on how they count. I'm not certain, but I think they include defensive shootings in these numbers below. See the jump from 2019 to 2020 ...

2014 12,418

2015 13,537

2016 15,112

2017 15,679

2018 14,789

2019 15,208

2020 19,223

From March to December of 2020, many schools were closed across the US. Thus, school shootings, as horrific as they are, are not a significant contributor to gun deaths in this country. It was a massive, nationwide controlled experiment. Kids were kept out of school, essentially insulating them from potential school shootings. Only pointing this out because the school shootings are often used as the proxy for increased gun control, as what happened in Maryland and other states in 2013.

I do not trust their accuracy or their hidden agenda, the FBI page is far more accurate and breaks things down These folks have gone the liberal way.

Pro-second amendment and right leaning groups have criticized them as gun control activists. GVA does not state a position on gun control. However, founder Mark Bryant left the NRA several years ago and criticizes them for changing from more of a “marksmanship and gun safety organization than the political powerhouse it has morphed into today.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    An AWB law has to go through both houses. It can't make it through the senate on a simple majority unless the Dems scrap the filibuster, which multiple Dems have said they will not do.

To whatever extent they think they win elections promising to DO SOMETHING ABOUT THE WEAPONS OF WAR!!!!!! they really don't want to get this passed. First, because they know it will have zero impact on crime. And second, because they're rather be able to whine (and raise money on) the fact that the evil death-loving conservative racist nazi supremacist gun nuts prevented them from doing simple, sensible things about scary black guns. They like losing on this, because to them, that's a big win. Why would Bloomberg keep handing them millions of dollars for local and national campaigns if he actually got what he pretends to want over and done with?

That said a good chance they'll get the expanded background check and enhanced background check bills through.

IIRC one basically mandated universal background checks and the other makes some NICS changes and enhancements. Not saying they should, but there was some republican support previously on both (IIRC both are coauthored by a dem and a republican).

Chuck will certainly bring them up. So all they have to do is find 10 republicans willing to vote for cloture. I suspect they might be able to.

An AWB/mag ban I highly doubt they'll find 10 Republicans willing to vote for that. So we might well see a UBC bill pass congress in the next while.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    I do not trust their accuracy or their hidden agenda, the FBI page is far more accurate and breaks things down These folks have gone the liberal way.

Pro-second amendment and right leaning groups have criticized them as gun control activists. GVA does not state a position on gun control. However, founder Mark Bryant left the NRA several years ago and criticizes them for changing from more of a “marksmanship and gun safety organization than the political powerhouse it has morphed into today.
    The point is that you can trap them with their own numbers. In a year that schools were closed, there was no downward effect on gun deaths.

Moreover, gun deaths went up, and I'm guessing in areas that have strict gun control measures ... implying the drivers of so-called gun violence are the same as the drivers of violence in general. And if one wants to stop violence, it involves something other than gun control.

randomuser

Ultimate Member
    Nov 12, 2018
    Baltimore County
    The point is that you can trap them with their own numbers. In a year that schools were closed, there was no downward effect on gun deaths.

Moreover, gun deaths went up, and I'm guessing in areas that have strict gun control measures ... implying the drivers of so-called gun violence are the same as the drivers of violence in general. And if one wants to stop violence, it involves something other than gun control.

You cannot beat them with logic when they have gotten people to accept someone with a penis is a woman.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    An AWB law has to go through both houses. It can't make it through the senate on a simple majority unless the Dems scrap the filibuster, which multiple Dems have said they will not do.

To whatever extent they think they win elections promising to DO SOMETHING ABOUT THE WEAPONS OF WAR!!!!!! they really don't want to get this passed. First, because they know it will have zero impact on crime. And second, because they're rather be able to whine (and raise money on) the fact that the evil death-loving conservative racist nazi supremacist gun nuts prevented them from doing simple, sensible things about scary black guns. They like losing on this, because to them, that's a big win. Why would Bloomberg keep handing them millions of dollars for local and national campaigns if he actually got what he pretends to want over and done with?

Not to mention even if they eliminate the filibuster, they would still need every single democrat to vote for it and I think there would be a few that won’t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    That said a good chance they'll get the expanded background check and enhanced background check bills through.

IIRC one basically mandated universal background checks and the other makes some NICS changes and enhancements. Not saying they should, but there was some republican support previously on both (IIRC both are coauthored by a dem and a republican).

Damn, I wish we had representation in Congress. We ought to be able to get riders on this that would do some good. Redefinition of "antique" from 1898 to ~1938. Ditch the "sporting purposes" for importation of C&R firearms.

Jul 16, 2020
    You cannot beat them with logic when they have gotten people to accept someone with a penis is a woman.

Absolutely. Reason and logic in no way put those ideas in their heads. Logic and reason has absolutely zero power to dislodge it. Hysteria and media conditioning put it in the minds of the common people dumb enough to support it.

But the Dems want to ban guns because they want to ban guns. It's quite clear that most of the people in congress have zero regard for what it's like for the real people on the ground, or else they'd be making COVID shutdown relief efforts a bigger deal than the dog and pony show they were having over punishing Trump after he left office.

randomuser

Ultimate Member
    Nov 12, 2018
    Baltimore County
    I'll add that if this were a truly life threatening pandemic for most then you would not have to put a mask mandate in effect. People including me would voluntarily want to double mask. HOWEVER, this is not that and we are being fueled by media about new strains, double masking etc... as there is money and power to be made as long as this "pandemic" is in our face.
    People are going right along with it. There will at some point be a breaking point where people don't want to go along with it any longer. I'm talking about gun control and masks.

mauser58

My home is a sports store
    Dec 2, 2020
    Baltimore County, near the Bay
    The chit is getting very old to me about constantly hearing this word Assault Weapons. There is no damn such a thing. Hell I can make up some fake word and force it down the Dems throats but still does not make it right or a real word. I would like to hear some of these goofballs definition of an assault rifle. Hell if I hit someone with a baseball bat then does that make them an Assault weapon?. A rifle is a rifle and plain simple they do the same thing. We as a citizen should have the right to buy, collect or shoot what we please. Ii dont need some monkeys dictating to me what is what. Hell Biden cant remember what he had for breakfast and he is running things.. They are constantly just biting at our God given rights. They dont know even how to hold or shoot a weapon so how can they make decisions for us . Ii am this way, If I dont have a clue about a subject or not schooled about it then I have no right to get involved. Congress have no clue what they are even doing. They just think we need to be disarmed

rwbow1969

Get Wiffit
    Dec 10, 2011
    Clearspring
    I would like to give a great big "thanks" to all of the third party libertarian / never Trumper cucks that got Biden elected. Thanks for standing on your "principles" and being soooo much wiser than all the rest of us.... at least you won't have to worry about orange man making bad tweets..... or orange man took muh bumpstock... or orange man says distasteful things.....

Now, the sniffer in chief, that you helped get elected wants to take everything.

1841DNG

Ultimate Member
    Apr 17, 2016
    I would like to give a great big "thanks" to all of the third party libertarian / never Trumper cucks that got Biden elected. Thanks for standing on your "principles" and being soooo much wiser than all the rest of us.... at least you won't have to worry about orange man making bad tweets..... or orange man took muh bumpstock... or orange man says distasteful things.....

Now, the sniffer in chief, that you helped get elected wants to take everything.

The libertarian ticket and the DC beltway party people are woke as hell and specifically tried to recruit BLM votes. Don't assume they automatically took Trump votes. The Mises Caucus may take over and make the party viable in the future but the official party is joke even to libertarians. So I would not make assumptions. If anything the Dems successfully suing to get the Green Party kicked off ballots for signature verification reasons was the margin.

It was the complete abolition of voting integrity measures in key states and lawfare (plus all of Big Tech and the corporate press) that got Biden elected not a few libertarians IMHO.

Ponder_MD

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2020
    Maryland

Ponder_MD

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2020
    Maryland
    The libertarian ticket and the DC beltway party people are woke as hell and specifically tried to recruit BLM votes.

I'm not a member of any Libertarian party. I'm surprised to hear this and it's not good. Yet another good reason for me to avoid party labels.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009

The fix was in. First party, second party, third party meh.

It's very likely that Trump would have won an honest election; nearly impossible to lose against a senile Swamp Critter and an obvious slut.

For that matter, the whole idea of "voting one's conscience" is ludicous in the extreme. There are zero candidates whose ethics, morals and principles are congruent with any concept of "Conscience". Politics is a gritty, filthy business and those who succeed, even the losers, are probably people you wouldn't want in your house.

The sole determinant in voting choise boils down to "which candidate is likely to provide a better outcome for me and hopefully the nation?"

The choice was obvious.

JMangle

Handsome Engineer
    May 11, 2008
    Mississippi
    Now we know why they're keeping the NG in DC. :innocent0

The non-tin-foil part of me said he was doing it either
    - Because Biden has some crazy fear that he'll be deposed, or
    - Biden is trying to still be a "Law and Order" type without angering the "Defund the Police" types

But the tin-foil part of me thinks it's really because he is planning on doing things that would make his crazy fear not so crazy. Let's be honest, if you're going to be a felon for a 30 round mag, you may as well drill the Third Hole and put a home-made can on your weapon.

Meanwhile, the Gen-Z types would say, "3-D Printer goes Brrrrrr."

It's funny how Liberals say that they hate cops, walls, and guns, but their leaders love standing behind all of them.

I never saw this written out before, but that really does drive the point home.

Jul 16, 2020
    The non-tin-foil part of me said he was doing it either
    - Because Biden has some crazy fear that he'll be deposed, or
    - Biden is trying to still be a "Law and Order" type without angering the "Defund the Police" types

But the tin-foil part of me thinks it's really because he is planning on doing things that would make his crazy fear not so crazy. Let's be honest, if you're going to be a felon for a 30 round mag, you may as well drill the Third Hole and put a home-made can on your weapon.

Meanwhile, the Gen-Z types would say, "3-D Printer goes Brrrrrr."

It's funny how Liberals say that they hate cops, walls, and guns, but their leaders love standing behind all of them.

A fake virus helped push a fake election propped up by fake news to get a fake ruler into place.

On day one Biden was given an EO to push rescinding the Trump EO on equal treatment regardless of race to form a committee on how to best oppress white people in the name of "equity."

They know that what they plan to do is going to radicalize people because their agenda itself, taking over the economy, locking down movement, taking away guns, and oppressing people based on race and politics, is radical. It only makes sense that they're turning their seat of power into a fortress.

twybyll

Jan 20, 2021
    MD
    at least you won't have to worry about orange man making bad tweets..... or orange man took muh bumpstock... or orange man says distasteful things.....

Bad tweets like "I am looking into 3-D Plastic Guns being sold to the public. Already spoke to NRA, doesn’t seem to make much sense!" on July 31st, 2018?

Saying distasteful things like "Take the guns first, go through due process second"?

And if you're going to act like bumpstocks was good for 2A, personally I don't care, but I mean why point out the actual gun laws changes that gave up more rights?

You can't say 45 was pro 2A,. Can't just assume that a (R) next to a name means pro 2A. I mean, Reagan was the one who signed the Mulford Act which started a lot of these problems. I'm not going to let people try to manipulate me into what they want by pretending to be pro 2A.

Jul 16, 2020

ada.png

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    A fake virus helped push a fake election propped up by fake news to get a fake ruler into place.

On day one Biden was given an EO to push rescinding the Trump EO on equal treatment regardless of race to form a committee on how to best oppress white people in the name of "equity."

They know that what they plan to do is going to radicalize people because their agenda itself, taking over the economy, locking down movement, taking away guns, and oppressing people based on race and politics, is radical. It only makes sense that they're turning their seat of power into a fortress.

The problem is when your opening line is delusional, it sort of discounts everything else you say even if it has merit (having just passed the half million dead mark in the US). Just like climate change. You can argue what to do about it, but when you argue a proven thing doesn't exist...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom