• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Huckleberry

No One of Consequence
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Severn & Lewes
    You should talk to her and explain that for her own safety that she should be wearing some blaze orange on her walks for her own safety. You could even give her a vest because you're concerned for her safety.

I know some horse people will put a blaze orange wrap around their horses neck for trail rides and some farmers mark their cows.

pqdSyfx.jpg

1841DNG

Ultimate Member
    Apr 17, 2016
    You should talk to her and explain that for her own safety that she should be wearing some blaze orange on her walks for her own safety. You could even give her a vest because you're concerned for her safety.

I know some horse people will put a blaze orange wrap around their horses neck for trail rides and some farmers mark their cows.

View attachment 299167

Or you could spray paint "cow" on her but that would probably get you into some legal trouble.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014

View attachment 299167

...because we deer hunters are so stupid as to shoot a horse thinking it was a deer.
    And yes, they actually think that way. You'd have a better chance talking an ANTIFA ******* to carry a Trump flag into a march.

2ndCharter

Based dude w/ lovin' hands
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 19, 2011
    Eastern Shore
    Send a friendly letter, noting that you've seen her close to your hunting area. Tell her you are hunting coyote and it's very dangerous for her to be in the area. Thus, why you are in a tree stand. You've put up coyote bait in the area. You are afraid for her safety.

Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008
    He really should just fight fire with fire. Wait for her to put her horses in that pasture and then make a metric ton of noise. Horse owners hate it when you are making loud noises near their horses.

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    ...because we deer hunters are so stupid as to shoot a horse thinking it was a deer.
    And yes, they actually think that way. You'd have a better chance talking an ANTIFA ******* to carry a Trump flag into a march.

Yep. While I know some good horse folks (mainly because the husband was an avid hunter in his younger years) the vast majority are uninformed twats who dislike the fact that for a few mainly cold and miserable months out of the year we deer hunters actually go into the woods and practice our craft that we pay the government a not-insignificant amount of money to do.

They're the main reason we can't hunt public land in MoCo and Fredneck counties on Sundays. Because the horse people are all "But then we don't have any safe days to ride!"

Fuggem.

Huckleberry

No One of Consequence
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Severn & Lewes

I know some guys that won't hunt Green Ridge because of all the city boys running around out there. Same thing in the Poconos because of some of those wild boys out of Philly, Jersey and NYC.

Unfortunately every shooter is not a safe gun owner or hunter, we do have some bad amateurs and novices running around on the ranges and in the woods.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Hey ! #Biggfoot IS Real ! Both of us .

But seriously , it's her property , and she can walk ( or jog , or perform agricultural endevors ) on her property . It sucks for you , but if she isn't specifically interfering , it's not illegal

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    As a horse owner, and I am not the only one on the forum, I take umbrage at the characterizations of all horse owners as being nut cases. Just as I would for a group of horse owners saying all hunters were poachers who go around shooting up road signs. And every year there are some horses shot and the horsey press always makes a big deal out of it because sensationalism sell papers.

If she was a reasonable horse owner I would suggest you talk to her and explain that you are not going to harm her horses and how your shots will be aimed away from her property etc. Then tell her when you will be hunting and that there could be gun shots in case she would like to turn out her horses in a different field so they don't get startled. You could also suggest she take your number to call you in case her horses get out and might be on your property so you can be extra careful.

Now for a practical suggestion because you indicate she is not reasonable. Since you said she stole someones tree stand why don't you put up a tree stand near her property line, not to obvious but where she can see it, and put a hidden game cam to watch the stand. You said your property is posted so if you can get photographic proof of her trespassing and stealing you can turn it over to the police and she will be to busy defending herself to bother with your hunt.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012

View attachment 299167

You heard about the farmer who marked all his livestock, Cow, Pig, Horse.
    Found his John Deer tractor full of holes!:D

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I know some guys that won't hunt Green Ridge because of all the city boys running around out there. Same thing in the Poconos because of some of those wild boys out of Philly, Jersey and NYC.

Unfortunately every shooter is not a safe gun owner or hunter, we do have some bad amateurs and novices running around on the ranges and in the woods.
    I've not been to many public hunting areas that didn't have its share of idiots. Some of them are locals. Law of averages.

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    Public hunting areas = high ratio of eejits to normal folk

Period

If the lady is on her own land, leave her be. If she’s trespassing or obviously interfering with a hunt, document same and DNR her ass.

Not all hunters are incompetent. Not all horse folk are arseholes. Not all MDS “brethren” are Richards...

I’d posit 3%... minimum.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    Public hunting areas = high ratio of eejits to normal folk

Period

If the lady is on her own land, leave her be. If she’s trespassing or obviously interfering with a hunt, document same and DNR her ass.

Not all hunters are incompetent. Not all horse folk are arseholes. Not all MDS “brethren” are Richards...

I’d posit 3%... minimum.

Life can be figured at the 3% rule

Huckleberry

No One of Consequence
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Severn & Lewes
    I catered to the MDS rules of engagement. Guilty.

I’m more of an 80/20% guy in real life. Even that rule is being tested with the exaggerated polarity nowadays.

I heard that you're a "10 and 2" guy at the bars and taverns.

She was a 2 at 10 but with enough beer and whiskey she became a 10 at 2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom