• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Boxcab

MSI EM
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 22, 2007
    AA County
    The state would punish you for violating laws, which is in itself a harm to society.

If you don't like the law, have it changed through legislative or judicial means.

Apologies, but I'm forever a pessimist.

I hope to hell one of cases, or all categories of cases, are taken.

The time of the 2A being a 2nd class right needs to end.

Although not a method, Hope Springs eternal.

The Founding Fathers knew the process was far from perfect, but it was (is) the best one created yet.

The civil rights efforts are still getting their time in court. When did Lincoln free the slaves?

I am a lot closer to my last day on this planet then I am to my first. I do not expect to see the 2A fully realized as intended by my ancestors.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    I assume a relist is akin to them punting?

No.

Typically they relist a case before they grant it, for deeper consideration. Probably the case here- to decide which case(s) are best to take.

They could also be writing some sort of dissent from denial of cert.

If its the first case, we should hear in a week or two.

the longer a case gets relisted, the more likely its a denial with a dissent.

Steel Hunter

Nov 10, 2019
    I believe that NYRSPA v. New York had 3 relists before it was heard. This was the second relist for these cases. 3rd time could be the charm. Considering how much a decision on one of these cases could change history forever more, I'm okay with waiting a few extra weeks for the rest of my life to hopefully have fewer infringements.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    I believe that NYRSPA v. New York had 3 relists before it was heard. This was the second relist for these cases. 3rd time could be the charm. Considering how much a decision on one of these cases could change history forever more, I'm okay with waiting a few extra weeks for the rest of my life to hopefully have fewer infringements.

correct:

https://www.scotusblog.com/case-fil...-association-inc-v-city-of-new-york-new-york/

I am not really sure that the first relist for these 10 count though, since they were held.

For these cases, I would consider the 4th time to be the charm. That would be May 15th if i count correctly.

Since there is a lot of work for the court, and there is no real rush (no matter what these will be heard next year), it will not surprise me one bit to see these redistributed until the June 4th conference, the one after the may 15th conference. They may take additional time to make sure that they get it right.

ETA: just to be clear though I am still hitting refresh at 930am next two weeks in case i am wrong, lol.

Steel Hunter

Nov 10, 2019
    correct:

https://www.scotusblog.com/case-fil...-association-inc-v-city-of-new-york-new-york/

I am not really sure that the first relist for these 10 count though, since they were held.

For these cases, I would consider the 4th time to be the charm. That would be May 15th if i count correctly.

Since there is a lot of work for the court, and there is no real rush (no matter what these will be heard next year), it will not surprise me one bit to see these redistributed until the June 4th conference, the one after the may 15th conference. They may take additional time to make sure that they get it right.

ETA: just to be clear though I am still hitting refresh at 930am next two weeks in case i am wrong, lol.

Good point on the holding potentially causing additional delay. Either way, even June 4th is practically tomorrow when considering how long most cases take.

I will also be refreshing away because I really want to see a win by next June. Now I'm just awaiting our little HQL challenge on Wednesday to see how that goes. Honestly that is just as exciting to me to hopefully see that go away.

pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan
    correct:

Interesting what Alito wrote in discent….
    This case is not moot. The City violated petitioners’ Second Amendment right, and we should so hold.

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    correct:

I agree. I don’t think these cases were looked at except to be thrown into the 2a bin waiting for nysrpa. This last conference would have been the first time they were really looked at.

pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan
    Still on my Prayer for relief list....
    Worman v. Healey AND..Wilson v. Cook County

There are 5 "may issue" concerns the USSC could fixe all in one case. We can only Pray for that relief.

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    I'm just thinking we should watch to see whether ALL the cases get re-listed. Might give a clue where they're heading.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    So, Scotusblog appears to be wrong there is no conference May 8th.

The next one appears to be May 15th.

I dont trust the entries on their calendar now so I am not sure when the next one is after the 15th.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JOELEWIS419

Latest threads

Top Bottom