• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    I tried this once. Made an emailed request, cited FOIA and asked for a list. They wouldn't email it and said come to Pikesville in person. Seems there is some way but I don't have time to drive to Pikesville.

If I have a day off sometime soon, I'll take a drive down there and see what I can find out. If I get a process or any useful info, I will post it here. Would be nice to know what they know, in case we have to register the ones they are already aware of.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    If I have a day off sometime soon, I'll take a drive down there and see what I can find out. If I get a process or any useful info, I will post it here. Would be nice to know what they know, in case we have to register the ones they are already aware of.

Yes I would like to have a list myself.

Yes I would like to have a list myself.

I live right around the corner. I'll see if I can do it on Friday.

KevinK

Ultimate Member
    Jun 24, 2008
    Carroll County, Md
    I'm with you... but if it is already registered to your name, and you had no legal way to dispose of it without going to an FFL, then it is already traceable to you, and thus, probably a lost item in terms of confiscation.

You mean those ones sold to a friend of a friend in another state using an FFL in that state, that you can't recall, as it was many years ago?

:innocent0

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    I see one possible problem
    People purchased a Bushmaster Brand HBAR which is a copy of a Colt HBAR. MSP incorrectly interpreted the Gwinn Bushmaster Rifle as meaning all Bushmaster brand ARs and has it as banned. So anyone (and there are many) who has one purchased on a 4473 only may be screwed. Especially if purchased after oct 1 2013 and before MSP made the update to the list

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dogmeat

Ultimate Member
    Apr 5, 2013
    Montgomery County, MD
    Imagine if you will, (I say imagine because so few will actually do so) everyone in the state with an "As Defined UnRegistered Assault Gun" were to appear at the Barracks to register them. How many do you think that would be? I will take a guess and say 10% of the Maryland Population, or say 620,000 people with what, 1 or 2 or 5 or 10 guns each? That's a hell of a lot of typing for someone!

Imagine too, that you had to bring them with you so they could verify S/Ns. So, assuming an average of 3 guns per person (I know, pikers right?) that's almost 2,000,000 guns at the barracks. So, how many does the MD National Guard have?

Imagine the optics......

(Note: To all the MGA spies on MDS, this has been a hypothetical thought exercise and in no way represents what will actually happen. Your mileage will undoubtedly vary...)

Jun 4, 2015
    Summary:

Quote:
    Altering the definition of "copycat weapon" applicable to certain criminal prohibitions relating to assault weapons; requiring a certain person who lawfully possessed a certain firearm before October 1, 2020, to register the firearm with the Department of State Police on or before January 1, 2021; providing that a person who lawfully possessed a certain firearm before a certain date and who voluntarily registers the firearm on or after a certain date and before a certain date is not subject to certain criminal penalties; etc.

Whoever drafted that should be shot for abuse of the English language.

Jun 4, 2015
    Problem is the people who pass it don't get buried. Its troopers at MSP

Who are the government's official enforcers, and therefore part of the opposition.

Stop this worship of the police as good guys. There may be good cops, but the department is the government's official enforcement squad. If it enforces bad laws, it is part of the problem, not your friend.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Can't be lost to confiscation if it was already lost in a boating accident.

Modern problems call for poor boating safety.

The problem with that is there is a reporting requirement for stolen firearms. If you report it, you are in possession of a stolen firearm. If you don't, it's not stolen.....

Remember the 80's? Just to take your minds off this bill we should all reminisce about the 80's.

Doobie

Ultimate Member
    Jan 23, 2013
    Earth
    If I knew anyone looking, I'd send them.

I just saying, if you sell, your tax money is replaced with some other guy's tax money.

I appreciate you willing to send people my way to buy my house.
    I honestly don’t care if someone else’s tax money replaces mine at this point. It’s all about me and my family’s rights and freedoms to own what we want and carry it outside of our home in our home state. Maryland continues to beat us down and I’m fed up. Maryland is a lost cause. I said that on here several years ago and was scoffed at. Look where we are now. And if anyone believes that MSP won’t enforce this crap, guess again. MSP loves Hogan and he loves them. Sources I’ve spoken to suggests that they hope it doesn’t pass, but are guessing it will. And none have said that they won’t enforce it. Not trying to create a divide between MSP or gun owners, just giving you reality.
    I want to comply with all of Maryland’s gun laws by moving out of this state controlled by clowns.

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    I appreciate you willing to send people my way to buy my house.
    I honestly don’t care if someone else’s tax money replaces mine at this point. It’s all about me and my family’s rights and freedoms to own what we want and carry it outside of our home in our home state. Maryland continues to beat us down and I’m fed up. Maryland is a lost cause. I said that on here several years ago and was scoffed at. Look where we are now. And if anyone believes that MSP won’t enforce this crap, guess again. MSP loves Hogan and he loves them. Sources I’ve spoken to suggests that they hope it doesn’t pass, but are guessing it will. And none have said that they won’t enforce it. Not trying to create a divide between MSP or gun owners, just giving you reality.
    I want to comply with all of Maryland’s gun laws by moving out of this state controlled by clowns.

Yes, I completely agree. As a Maryland native originally from the highlands, I am to the point of looking elsewhere to live for a variety of reasons, gun laws included. Maryland is not a friendly state for most people.

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    The problem with that is there is a reporting requirement for stolen firearms. If you report it, you are in possession of a stolen firearm. If you don't, it's not stolen.....

Remember the 80's? Just to take your minds off this bill we should all reminisce about the 80's.

Well, it could have been lost on 30 Sept 2013...

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008

There's no reporting requirement for "I destroyed it and disposed of it as per atf guidelines".

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom