• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Robertjeter

May 11, 2018
    Eastern Shore, MD
    Some great quotes in this one.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-w...4 [\URL] Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jake4U

Now with 67% more FJB
    Sep 1, 2018
    Edit: Try googling the link, then trying to read it.

I was able to read it after a Yahoo search. Typed in the name of the article and went from there.

Of course the author left out Maryland's "if it pleases the crown" approach to CCW.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Try this link:
    https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-wi...69dbe4275a1b139b4&reflink=article_email_share

Baltimore is a national embarassment

None of the largest 50 American cities approaches Baltimore’s per capita death toll. It rivals Third World metropolises that are plagued—like Baltimore—by gang wars, corrupt politicians and outmatched law-enforcement agencies.

Baltimore’s police have proven themselves to be corrupt, brutal and inept. Last year prosecutors revealed that an elite gun-crime task force was essentially acting as a rogue criminal enterprise. Hundreds of criminal cases have been compromised because of bad behavior on the part of police. As a result, dozens of dangerous criminals will be back on the streets of Baltimore much sooner than anticipated.

Even in cases in which police do make an arrest, their hard work often goes to waste. Despite a soaring homicide rate during her tenure, the State’s Attorney Marilyn Mosby has put fewer killers behind bars annually than her predecessor. Between 2015 and 2018, fewer than 1 in 6 charged murderers in Baltimore earned a prison sentence. Ms. Mosby has lost or dropped 43% of her homicide cases. Most urban prosecutors win 70% of their cases. Worse, Ms. Mosby has allowed 76 convicted killers to accept probation and return to Baltimore’s streets.

Baltimore’s violent-crime epidemic isn’t its only problem. The city suffers from large numbers of vacant houses, massive population flight and economic decline. Less than 15% of its students are proficient in math or English, and City Hall is blighted by official corruption. The highest levels of city government in Baltimore feel like a game of musical chairs in which the losers gets their houses raided by the Federal Bureau of Investigation.

While Baltimore is a national embarrassment, Annapolis is busy twiddling its thumbs by criminalizing things that are not even remotely factors in Baltimore murders, like rifles

Bloomberg gave over a billion dollars to Johns Hopkins. What has that money done for Baltimore? The year after Bloomberg lobbyists helped pass the HQL, murder soared 35%

I mean if he can not renew a city in his backyard, what does that say about his platform for urban renewal?

Kicken Wing

Snakes and Sparklers
    Apr 5, 2014
    WASH-CO
    Thanks for sharing. As much as I hate to do it, I might have to subscribe to the lefty Sun or WSJ. They present good talking points that can work in our favor.

Kicken Wing

Snakes and Sparklers
    Apr 5, 2014
    WASH-CO
    All of that said, I may have to go with the WSJ. I was not aware of their track record. I was particularly looking at the Sun because it is local and it prints articles that can be easily rebutted. Some of the Suns articles have stirred up rebuttals in my head. Possibly good to use in Annapolis and when talking to my reps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom