Target shooting in backyard? (Map attached - Carroll County)

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    Join a gun club. Plenty of them in and around Carroll County.

bobwilley

MD Wear/Carry Permit G19
    Feb 4, 2018
    Delmarva Peninsula
    Outstanding!! Good for you...love hearing stories like this. Hopefully no one will complain, but at least you don't have to worry about it quite as much if they do. Did the Sheriff and DA review the laws as a result of your request for clarification, or did it seem like it had been settled long before? My guess they get a consistent stream of calls...

Yes, he knew the info already. Was not his first request. But I did get it in writing (E-mail) and also sent the plan for the personal shooting range for approval. And then sent pics of the actual range when done for his record, and he even took it to the MSP Easton Commander for their info.

So far, no visits by anyone. I do take a scanner out with when shooting, to hear if there is any reports of shots fired in my area, to expect a visit...

I also am very considerate, no early morning, no late night, no sunday early shooting, etc.... And if I see a neighbor out in the yard having BBQ I don't shoot.

BobShootingRange1.jpg

Sirex

Powered by natural gas
    Oct 30, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    Just my 2 cents, but I’ve got a co-worker who lives on about 5 acres outside of Westminster with changing elevations. He’s been shooting on his property for a few years now, usually in the evenings after work. He told me a couple of weeks ago the neighbors are now complaining about the noise. He said he’d limit it to Saturday’s only, but if they still complain, he may just have to have pissed off neighbors.

We used to shoot at my buddy's father in law's house up in New Oxford, PA. He has a house, and it used to be surrounded by woods and farms. He knew the farmers, and he built a berm in the back yard, and did target shooting. My buddy and I would go up there and shoot often. The last time we went up, and few years ago, the farm across the road had been sold, and cookie cutter homes popped up. The homes were 180 degrees from the berm, which is facing the woods. And maybe 400 yards away, maybe more. Because of that we only shot the Remington 870 that day, an I think it was birdshot if memory serves, because we were cheapskates then. We shot some off, and some guy comes storming over from the neighborhood with his wife about 15 yards behind him. Charging up at us, while I am holding a shotgun. So, I cleared the gun and set it down, and the guy goes on yelling he has bullets whizzing past his house. The guy was red faced, and to be honest he looked like he wanted to rumble. My buddy had a bit more common sense than I , and apologized, and we put the gun away and left quickly. We came back later that day, and told his father in law what went down, in case police came by at any point to investigate. The FIL told us the farmers had been retiring, selling lots off to developers, and these homes had been popping up, with liberal Marylanders moving up there for cheaper housing, but bringing their politics with them. He said he would take care of it, and talk to the guy. We were curious how he knew which guy it might have been, but he went out back with his 44 Magnum and fired off an entire cylinder into the berm. He said that would get his attention. So, we took off. Now we just go to a private range, but still get complaints there from time to time. It's happening everywhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Curtis6789

Latest threads

Top Bottom