• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nemesis

Russian Grizzly Adams
    Oct 3, 2009
    Martinsburg, WV
    That is a truly bulky design... :sad20: I don't want my rifles to be fat. I prefer lean and mean. Ever hear rifles compared to woman? My tastes are pretty much the same in both. :D

i thought so as well, but its totally different when you get your hands on one. i got to finger fondle a few of them some months back...their smaller in person than they look in pictures. ill dig up my write up from back then and repost in here

i cant really say, mainly because i do not know...no one there does right now to be honest. early projections were around the 1500 range, however i can see it being as high as 2000...i dont, however, see them pulling a ACR move and coming out at almost 3 grand...i see 2k as being a safe approximation right now.

my first impressions:

the first thing i noticed was the weight...or really, the lack there of. its a fairly light rifle coming in at under 7 pounds but there is more to it than that...it is VERY well balanced...holding it almost felt like support the weight of my glock 27, and thats not an exaggeration.

the next thing i noticed was the ergos of it...it looks a bit funky, but it all makes sense when you shoulder it. the mag well area was the first thing here that struck me...for those who use a magwell hold on their AR your hand placement is nearly identical, but imagine if you had a AFG sitting there rather than just the straight magwell...it is extremely comfortable. the controls are laid out like a normal AR, but i felt like there was a hint of HK there also...mainly with the safe. the selection from safe to semi to full auto was accomplished with short 45* turns rather than the 90* found on ARs. while the grip is built into the lower, i dont see a need to change it honestly...it has a very nice, familiar angle to it and fills the bare hand well, while not being so bulky that a gloved hand would struggle to get that same solid hold.

i wont go into the ambi controls...any video of the rifle explains them well enough, i will just say that they work plain and simple lol. one note on it is the location of the charging handle, be it left or right side, felt very familiar to me being an AK guy...the location is nearly identical.

next there was the size...it looks like a bulky gun in pictures...but in person its actually rather compact. the upper and lower are no bigger than a normal AR...well a monolithic upper at least.

the stock is rock solid...even though the one particular one i held the most (the 12.5" italian military model) has had thousands upon thousands of rounds put though it there were no signs of slop or slack anywhere. another note about the stock, while it looks funky and kinda skinny, it does allow you to really get a strong cheek weld and low sight line on the rifle...it didnt look so odd to me after peering down the sights lol.

the flip up sights were decent...better than magpul BUIS, but they didnt wow me. that being said, they do fold down very low to the gun.

the magazine releases are awesome...right where you would expect them to be on an AR, and for those fellow AK guys out there dont fret because the bottom release was very natural feeling and similar in motion...just substitute pushing the AKs tab forward to pushing the button up, but thumb placement is very similar if not the same.

all in all, i cannot wait for the release...this is the only rifle that i would pick over my AKs...

edit: one more thing...it is the rifle equivalent to glocks. over built parts, super simple design...im not sure of the part count, however considering the features it offers it has to be quite low. i cant really go into details about it, but i was surprised by just how simple everything really is in the design.

also, i just want to say i called the price tag dead on months ago =P

just another note: the safe on the semi models is 90* click to click, the ones i got my hands on still had their balls.

Feb 6, 2012
    i thought so as well, but its totally different when you get your hands on one. i got to finger fondle a few of them some months back...their smaller in person than they look in pictures. ill dig up my write up from back then and repost in here

also, i just want to say i called the price tag dead on months ago =P

just another note: the safe on the semi models is 90* click to click, the ones i got my hands on still had their balls.

Hmm, I might look into them in the future. :mad54: The '86 ban has neutered far too many rifles.

AlpineDude67

Feb 17, 2013
    Says law enforcement only on that website.

So not yet. I'm sure it will be coming to civilian markets in just a "few more months".

:banghead:

Eventually, somebody will be selling this in MD, with a brake on it to make it MD legal. Also eventually, the sun will use up all its fuel and then expand out to consume the earth.

Which one comes first....we'll see.

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    Well I'm glad they are finally available for Leo . So when they are available to the general public. I'm sure we will be seeing them on here ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom