• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • alko

Dec 4, 2013
    Well...I finally received my license today....this really bogus looking license. So I'll be headed to the dealer to start the paper work for the gun. For a second there I was getting really annoyed at the fact that the website had me as having an active license. I guess it took about as long as everyone else.

offroaD

Jun 1, 2011
    So a 9mm 1911 has really caught my eyes. I was on the MSP site and it said you can be expempt from the training requirement if, "Lawfully owns a regulated firearm. If you already own a handgun or assault weapon prior to October 1, 2013, you do not have to complete the training to apply for the Handgun Qualification License. "

Does this basically mean if you purchased regulated firearms before that date that you dont have to take the class? Just get finger printed, fill out the forms and send it in?

I now understand what a pain in the ass this is.

CarlosM

Mar 12, 2013
    So a 9mm 1911 has really caught my eyes. I was on the MSP site and it said you can be expempt from the training requirement if, "Lawfully owns a regulated firearm. If you already own a handgun or assault weapon prior to October 1, 2013, you do not have to complete the training to apply for the Handgun Qualification License. "

Does this basically mean if you purchased regulated firearms before that date that you dont have to take the class? Just get finger printed, fill out the forms and send it in?

I now understand what a pain in the ass this is.

That's correct. You'll have to put in the info for one of your pre Oct 1 regulated firearms so they can verify.

md123

Ultimate Member
    Jul 29, 2011
    So I received my clean background check letter but still show the NICS, CJIS, and JIS as open online. Does that mean there is a problem? Anyone else have a lag in online checklist updates?

PS- I have nothing close to a criminal record. Not even a speeding ticket in 15 years.

rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    I applied on Sat 3/8 and was approved today 3/10. Just waiting on the card now, which I understand they are run in batches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

all you sections are complete overnight essentially? that's interesting. I applied 3-1 received my cjis letter but am still waiting on it and JIS to be finished. this sounds like msp with no rhyme or reason to a procedure.

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    So I received my clean background check letter but still show the NICS, CJIS, and JIS as open online. Does that mean there is a problem? Anyone else have a lag in online checklist updates?

PS- I have nothing close to a criminal record. Not even a speeding ticket in 15 years.

Wait for the very loud knock on your door.

j/k Give it time.

TyFromMD

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2011
    Maryland

I applied on 3/4. I received the CJIS letter two days later. The website still doesn't show that as updated.

N00bSh00ter

Feb 6, 2014
    MoCo
    Wife FINALLY got hers, over a week after me. Applied 2/17, received 3/10. Don't know what the holdup was.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hollywood Ball

Mountaineer
    Aug 26, 2013
    NC WV
    all you sections are complete overnight essentially? that's interesting. I applied 3-1 received my cjis letter but am still waiting on it and JIS to be finished. this sounds like msp with no rhyme or reason to a procedure.

I submitted my app on Saturday and it wasn't looked at until Monday morning. Everything was checked and HQL issued by mid afternoon on Monday.

rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    my hql is active as of this afternoon. How long should it take my card to arrive?

I still partially feel like a crook for having to go through all this to exercise a right...

luckytrouble

May 23, 2011
    Mine Went active too this afternoon, applied last week, 3/07 and this morning still had MVA photo "incomplete" and the Mental health thing as "unchecked." I just checked now and it is active.

alko

Dec 4, 2013
    my hql is active as of this afternoon. How long should it take my card to arrive?

Mine said it was active as of 2/26. I received the actual card in the mail yesterday. From what I'm seeing it's taking people about 2 weeks to get theirs in the mail.

Ericw

Feb 28, 2012
    Greencastle, PA
    Mine still hasn't been updated since the 27th... I'm hoping the card just shows up... :sad20:

Applied training exempt (hunter' safety)... haven't been contacted or anything.

Application\License Fee Completed Feb/26/14
    MVA Photo Completed Feb/27/14
    LiveScan Completed Feb/27/14
    Training Incomplete
    NICS Completed Feb/27/14
    METERS Completed Feb/27/14
    CJIS Incomplete
    MAFSS Completed Feb/27/14
    JIS Incomplete
    DJS Incomplete
    DHMH Completed Feb/27/14

Users who are viewing this thread