• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smkranz

Certified Caveman
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 21, 2013
    Carroll County
    Last night I ordered a new M6-SL upper from LWRC. Good price point, something different (piston) than what I already have, good company rep., and (still) a Maryland manufacturer though I had read their testimony about leaving the state as a result of SB281.

Earlier this afternoon, I received a call from their online store rep who said he had packed it up and was about to ship, when he was told that for liability reasons they are no longer shipping this upper configuration to Maryland residents, something to do with the barrel configuration. They "want to stay in Maryland" and they're not going to risk doing something contrary to the law.

I certainly can't fault an employee for doing what he is told, and he was very apologetic, so I did not argue with him but asked if there was someone else who could explain the situation because I was pretty sure it was incorrect, and I really wanted their product.

A few minutes later I received a call back from someone else who apologized for the internal misunderstanding, that they would in fact ship the upper to me, that it was a legal configuration in MD so long as the lower receiver it was going onto was purchased before 10/1/13.

Their issue somehow had to do with the fact that this upper is the only one they sell that has a fixed front sight. :confused: They have repeatedly asked MSP for clarification that this upper is legal to sell and have not gotten any straight answers.

Maybe the question really has something to do with complete rifles rather than uppers, I dunno. I'm still a little confused about what the issue was, but I guess it goes to show how totally f'ed up this place has made it for anyone to do business here. But it's sorted out now and I hope it arrives on the morrow!

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    Uppers shouldn't apply to the new law at all.

They are all legal to sell as far as I can tell. It's then up to the buyer to follow the law by not making a banned rifle post 10/01 and also by not making a SBR or other illegal firearm.

They should be able to sell their uppers without issue.

sonicnofadz

Jul 24, 2012
    Perry Hall, MD
    they definitely need to leave this state. they wont receive a dime from me unless they leave, by staying they are supporting the communist agenda.

BigSteve57

Ultimate Member
    Feb 14, 2011
    I hope they'll still service their legacy products under Colt. I have 2 LWRC's and have concerns that if they break I won't be able to get them fixed when they're "under new ownership".

smkranz

Certified Caveman
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 21, 2013
    Carroll County
    I hope they'll still service their legacy products under Colt. I have 2 LWRC's and have concerns that if they break I won't be able to get them fixed when they're "under new ownership".

This will be my first one. Since reading about the pending purchase by Colt, it got me wondering whether there are any spare/replacement parts which would be a good thing to have on hand "just in case"?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom