• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    So have any of the people bashing the upper actually shot one or had any experience with one?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Yes, Clandestine actually had his hands on more than a few of them, doing evals on them.

The man's bread and butter is AR's and AK's and he is extremely knowledgeable regarding them. If he's not impressed, it's for good reason.

impretzle

Apr 10, 2013
    I wouldn't say the upper is a piece of crap. Ive had one for over two years when they first came out. Over 1k rounds through it with no major issues.
    This was also when the price was under a grand for the upper though.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Since I lack the firsthand experience, I couldn't make any statement regarding the quality.

But for the current asking price and what I saw on the thread on barf.com, I'd be very hesitant to spend that kind of coin on something that runs some of the components it does.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    I wouldn't say the upper is a piece of crap. Ive had one for over two years when they first came out. Over 1k rounds through it with no major issues.
    This was also when the price was under a grand for the upper though.

I have plenty experience with these weapons, and Gas Piston AR's in general. NONE of them are worth the price they ask IMO.

Did you read some of the things I touched on in regards to the Gas Block? I have also seen signs of carrier tilt in them too, even though they are marketed that they don't.

The shop I work at SELLS them as well.

A BCM D.I., Colt, or D.D. AR15 will smoke ANY Gas Piston AR in regards to COST, Replacement Parts, and Reliability.

It appears you are being defensive because you have one.

impretzle

Apr 10, 2013
    I certainly wouldn't pay 1800 for one. I got mine for 800 back in the day. The only problem I had with mine was the rear charging handle broke. Gun still functioned with the forward charging handle. Not really being defensive since I have no stock in the company.

Oh also no real issues with carrier tilt. I can take a picture of the buffer tube if anyone really cares.

I am curious what issues with the gas block you saw? You can either pm me or post them here so I know what to look for just in case something does happen down the road.

bigjoe

bigjoe
    Oct 1, 2012
    Ellicott City
    I own an Adcor Bear elite. I have shot hundereds of round through it (nearing the 1000 mark) and I have recorded 1.5 - 2.5 MOA groups out to 350+ yards! I bought the complete gun. Was it worth it for what I paid complete HELL YES.

I understand people have their opinions about guns and parts etc. especially AR-15's thats great. Condsider what we are evaluating, an Upper assembly folks! The Upper's price is steep if you are a noviced shooter or if you are someone looking to finish your pre oct. 1 lower. If you want a new design piston performance rig look no further. The gas block is thin so the barrel can essentially 'free float' thats what I attribute my accuracy too. I run the shit out of my Bear and it doesn't let me down. Most of the time buying brand name lowers from the same company u plan to get the upper from will actually cost more than if your were to just buy the complete gun. at the end of the day get what makes you happy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom