• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    The gun store said sig says to shoot 200 fmj loads thru it to break it in. I did, no issues. Like don’t rev over 4200 rpm first 1000 mi?

I heard 2000 ;)

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Dang that 365XL looks nice! Have they fixed the striker issue? Or, was it even an issue?

The first run had sights coming loose, occasional failure to go into battery, barrel/slide peening, failure prone trigger springs and striker pins breaking, all were fixed early in 2018, primarily through a recall. Only problem since is an occasional failure to lock back after the last shot, usually on new guns with light loads, probably due to the heavier recoil spring used to address the battery failure and peening issue, but put 200 rounds through it, and shouldn't have any issues on new production models.

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    In regards to the 365, I think carrying in smallest configuration with the 15 round as a backup would be the perfect combo. To me the smaller the better.

Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis
    You know how to reach me =) Also got some food for the 27 and 33 :innocent0

Hi Jon. The 27 is up for adoption at a lgs, but next week i will retrieve it and make it a 9mm. I have a bunch of 357, but tell, me, what have you in that
    flavor? I saw today that the 356 is being offered with a manual safety, not like a shield, but a full size lever.

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    Hi Jon. The 27 is up for adoption at a lgs, but next week i will retrieve it and make it a 9mm. I have a bunch of 357, but tell, me, what have you in that
    flavor? I saw today that the 356 is being offered with a manual safety, not like a shield, but a full size lever.

https://www.targetsportsusa.com/spe...25-grain-total-metal-jacket-53919-p-1096.aspx

I could do $290.

Re: 27, if you put it on GB as a Gen2.5 you might be able to get enough to cover a Gen3/4/5 26.

U.S.SFC_RET

Ultimate Member
    Dec 8, 2005
    I have one of those P365s and its a good pistol. I haven't experienced any of the problems that plagued the earlier pistols.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    So, got my new P365 out of state prison, and gave it a whirl this morning. My first thoughts, in no particular order:

1) It's a tight little thing. Definitely benefited from a quick clean and some good lube, but action is good. Stout spring! Has to be, for its size.

2) People aren't kidding about those mags needing a break in. For the first time in a long time, I used a UpLULA to help shoehorn in the last couple of rounds in those 10-round mags. I don't even recall the last time my pretty-strong hands/thumbs had to wrestle to fill up a mag to capacity. I'm told this will ease up on the new P365 mags once they've sat loaded for a bit, and have been worked out a few times. Sig definitely took it to the limit to cram 10 into that small space.

3) It's a little spanky, but very manageable. Didn't feel any worse for the wear after 150 rounds.

4) Out at 7 yards working on a 2-inch target square, I had no lefty-right drift to speak of, but definitely had to cover that target with the front sight in order to avoid shooting low. For a self defense gun, it's more than easy enough to quickly aim and get within the vital pie plate zone.

5) Up close at John Wick distances (well, I didn't bother with anything closer that 3 yards), it was landing right where I wanted it to with only an instinctive, natural point. The follow-up shot in a double tap at that distance wasn't wild at all.

6) Had zero feed, fire, or eject issues after trying out three flavors of ball ammo.

7) It's a compact, and (when loaded 10+1) a hefty little bundle concealed inside the belt at 4:30, but it does become exactly the sweet spot between my LCP2 and the bulkier Springfield 9 I've otherwise been flipping back and forth between.

Looking forward to collecting my 12 and 15 round mags for this, more on which after I've used them some. The two factory 10s (one flat, the other with a pinky extension) are fine considering how dainty this gun is, but - at least the way I wear it so far - the extended pinky grip is more printy. I'm sure the 12 and 15 will feel especially so. Expect I'll carry loaded with the flat 10, and with the 15 as the spare.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Yeah, the SIG sight setup is to cover the point of aim with the front sight.

So the POI is about the night site dot.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    They provide an extensively tested internal safety to protect against drop firing. The trigger safety is, in this case, called a holster.

There is also a new variant coming with an external manual safety.

DENWA

May 5, 2008
    They provide an extensively tested internal safety to protect against drop firing. The trigger safety is, in this case, called a holster.

There is also a new variant coming with an external manual safety.

Held the Manual safety version a few weeks ago at SOFIC in TAMPA.

They said its available very soon.

kenpo333

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 18, 2012
    Salisbury Maryland
    Was carrying a g43 with taran tactical extensions but didn't like the idea that I had to take my little finger off the mag to do emergency reloads so I bought a P365. It felt ok but always thought that it had more recoil then the G43. We decided to do a felt recoil test with four of our instructors. We put 5 rounds in each mag of an M&P shield, a Kahr pm9, my sig and and a G43. We then shot 5 rounds each out of each firearms and wrote down the results. Ammo was 147gm. All four instructors thought the G43 had the less recoil. The sig wasn't even second. Now toting a G43X. Don't have to take the little finger on it to drop the mag.

Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis
    I shot the G43, sig 365 and shield 9 on sat. The 43 is 4 wks new to me and the shield i have had for a few yrs. rapid fire they are somewhat similar to me but slow fire i have a harder time shooting small groups with the shield. I think its the trigger. The glock and the sig put rds on top of rds. I thought the sig was softer shooting, maybe the 12 rd mag had something to do with that. The sig is ms. Zorros’ and when she got that she loaned me the glock, and i think the shield is going deeper in the safe although it is totally reliable, thin and relatively light. The shield is a first generation. Its had 2000 rds thru it. The glock maybe 1200-1500. The sig 400-500. For their purpose ( concealable, decent caliber, reliable pistols) they are all good, i feel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom