• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jddz

Mar 22, 2012
    I was looking for help on finding the value on a American Legacy Firearms 1911
    commemorative engraved with the wars of the last 100 years I believe. It is the state of Maryland, number 1 of 100. Of course it has never been fired. Thanks for any help.

ADR

Ultimate Member
    Aug 17, 2011
    First post since joining 7 years ago? How about a little intro first?

Get over yourself. WTF difference does it make if he's posted once or twenty thousand times and since when does anybody need to be vetted by you before asking a question?

jddz

Mar 22, 2012
    I am just on a target shooter. Shoot mainly my WWII vintage stuff. With the wife traveling for work, kids and grandkids taking time, shooting went to the back burner for a while. Live in Southern Maryland, thank the Lord that it is somewhat rural still. I occassionally check the site but never had much reason to post anything. I am not the social media butterfly. However,the 45 I am referring to is not mine, A friend of my brother passed away leaving his wife with the 1911. Wish I the extra money to purchase, but anyways she has asked if I could find out what the value may be. Her intent is to sell, but not give it away. I have checked on the internet, but there is nothing out there to compare to the 1911.

Jul 1, 2012
    This company is still in business, it appears their specialty is creating "special edition" pistols and rifles (e.g. "The American Trucker")
    I believe they use the lower-end 1911's (Auto Ordnance etc) as the basis vice a Colt.
    The MSRP for similar 1911's from their line is about $2k.
    The second-hand market isn't very high for these types of guns but you may find a Maryland collector that "just has to have it".
    I doubt you'll find a comp that's sold recently; there aren't any on Gunbroker (which only goes back 3 months).
    No values are listed in the Blue Book.

My guess would be $1k to $1500 max. if the original box and paperwork are intact.
    https://www.americanlegacyfirearms.com/?s=1911&post_type=product

<edit>
    357max, your google-fu is strong!

These really are a niche market item.

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    Looks like they made 100 per state & #28 of 100 Alaska (unfired condition) recently sold on Guns America for $1700

https://www.gunsamerica.com/961121524/American-Legacy-NRA-1911-Pistol-100th-Anniversary.htm
    :thumbsup:

I searched for one after seeing the Maryland pistol on the American Legacy website, but I am a 'no belt' in google-fu. :sad20:

First post since joining 7 years ago? How about a little intro first?
    I hear you, but compare jddz, to RoadWarrior23, and tell me for which one you'd be ordering a shinebox. :D

(hint: it's not jddz)

jddz

Mar 22, 2012
    1 of 100

I saw that one, however I thought being 1 of 100 might matter. Nevertheless, all it is good for is to look at on occasion - a talking piece. I guess if ya got the extra cash and like collectables, it would be great to own! Thanks for the responses, I appreciate the help.

General info: I love the site, I just do not like social end of the internet. Once you post something, it is there forever. I do not want to have a legacy of putting my foot in my mouth.

Mightydog

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Get over yourself. WTF difference does it make if he's posted once or twenty thousand times and since when does anybody need to be vetted by you before asking a question?

Seems like your one of the reasons this forum has gone to hell! Made a comment to the OP... NOT YOU! Yet you feel you have to answer for him? Get over your “butthurt”!

Dingo3

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2013
    Fredneck
    “you’re”

Attachments

• 27EA1716-2526-4D80-885F-1887F5BB96D5.jpg
      27EA1716-2526-4D80-885F-1887F5BB96D5.jpg
      85 KB · Views: 91

Dingo3

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2013
    Fredneck
    OP, from what I’m reading it can be expected to go for 1200 to 1700. It all depends on finding a buyer that has that much marylandistan pride who is willing to shell out for a collector’s piece that will never be fired. I know many are into collecting things of this nature. Personally I prefer something that I can take to the range and not a mantelpiece.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom