• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    I've lusted for a KSG for a while, just never wanted to spend the money. When I get one it will be the KSG25 for sure.

They had issues initially I know. Anyone have one of the newer ones? How are they running?

Passed on a KSG25 for 900 at Oaks. Went back later and it was gone. Probably best price I'll see.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    I tried one I did not like the balance due to length and all the rounds being forward. Not as sexy I liked the UTAS-12 which is not the same gun but I like the fact that it automatically switched to the empty tube where I know the KSG 12 was a manual switch.

Gizmo98

Free At Last!!
    Nov 4, 2015
    Central PA
    If you pick one up, check out the doo dads that Mcarbo has for it. They seem to have something that addresses every gripe with Kel-Tec's guns.

Surt

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 2, 2019
    I checked around for a KS7 thread and couldn't find it, so I'll bring this one back. I got a KS7 and have been pretty happy with it. If you haven't grabbed any other KelTec shotgun yet, it's a good toe in the water.
    I didn't like the KSG or the other variants because the dual magazine setup seemed clunky and unnecessarily complicated. The KS7 is tiny and light weight, to the point where 3" magnum slugs, which it is rated to fire, actually caused purple and yellow bruising on my shoulder. I'm a big guy, and I wasn't sissy-gripping it. It just kicks that hard.
    The KS7 for me has so far been feeding Aguila mini-shells fine, you just need to work the pump briskly to avoid a double-feed, which then requires disassembly (not hard, no tools needed) to clear due to it feeding and ejecting from the same bottom port. They also have much better recoil.

Surt

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 2, 2019
    I think you'll be happy with it. It makes a great truck gun. I plan on taking it as a backup gun with buck for when I take my wife hog hunting this summer. I just really wish KelTec would beef up their polymer more along the lines of MagPul quality and charge a bit more to make up for it. There's also been a few issues I've had already of wandering pins that really should be peened or cottered to prevent walking out, but mine is a first production run.
    I plan to get a muzzle brake and top rail for a dot sight if I wind up running it much. It has a lot of potential, especially with 12+1 of those 1-3/4" mini shells throwing buck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom