Democrat SIT-IN Shaming: Let's Go MDS Patriots!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    For context, the Dems know that their proposals won't work; this is all a political charade to frame a political issue for the election, energize their base, and raise money. I heard the writer of this piece on the radio today -- NPR! Lois Beckett, of The Guardian, actually discusses the real problems and real solutions.

Changing the conversation: how to break the cycle of gun reform failure
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...nging-the-conversation-hillary-clinton-reform

"... Now Democrats have decided that taking on the NRA is a great way to energize their base. But it’s one thing to try to win elections by stoking Democratic voters’ anger about Republicans blocking laws to reduce gun violence. It’s another thing to actually move the needle on the number of people dying.

A cycle of mistrust

What wins elections for Democrats isn’t necessarily what saves lives. If Democrats are serious about the latter, too, they can’t just re-litigate the sometimes dubious policies of the 1990s. And they can’t pretend that all progress on reducing gun violence in America is being blocked by Republicans and the NRA.

It’s not. There are ways to save lives that have nothing to do with regulating guns. All that’s holding them back is lack of public attention and a little bit of money.

We’ve been fiercely debating gun violence, police violence, and criminal justice reform as if these are three completely separate problems. In fact, community advocates on the ground often see them as deeply interconnected problems – a vicious cycle of mistrust that makes everyone less safe.

Researchers have found that most urban gun violence is driven by very small networks of extremely high-risk men – and that focusing prevention efforts on those men can reduce gang-related violence by a third or more. There’s clear evidence that the best way to reduce violence is to zero in on the places and the people most at risk of contributing to violence – not whole “bad” neighborhoods, not whole generations of young black men in hoodies, but particular addresses, particular street corners, the one or two percent of high-risk young men who are actually driving the violence and putting everyone around them in danger. Researchers and community advocates have been exploring ways that reducing gun violence might require reckoning with racially biased policing – and how restoring the legitimacy of the police in the eyes of black community members may help break the cycle of retaliatory shootings.

After Sandy Hook, as the Obama administration was launching a new national platform on gun violence prevention, a group of black ministers came to Washington to push the White House to focus more on the gun deaths of black men. They asked the White House to include funding for successful targeted urban violence prevention strategies in the national platform.

“What was said to us by the White House was, there’s really no support nationally to address the issue of urban violence,” Rev Charles Harrison, a pastor from Indianapolis said. “The support was to address the issue of gun violence that affected suburban areas – schools where white kids were killed.”

The reluctance to talk about black men as the majority of America’s gun violence victims is beginning to change. So is the huge gap between the national policy debate and what’s working in cities like Boston and New Orleans.

In the tumultuous days since the Orlando shooting, there is an urgency in the debate, which speaks of a new momentum. There are lessons for proponents and opponents of guns, the gun industry, politicians and the media.

Outrage is important. Outrage is the beginning. But outrage won’t get us far enough. To move forward, it will take discipline, political compromise, and a relentless focus on what actually works to save lives."

###

The Dems are politicking in an election year for partisan advantage, not offering solutions. And by demanding that gun rights of "suspected" terrorists on secret, McCarthyesque lists aren't worthy of Due Process compliance, while ignoring not only radical Islamic terrorism but also the real problems and possible real solutions discussed above, proves it.

So much truth. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

LCPIWB

Needs an avatar
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 17, 2011
    Underneath the blimp, Md.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    The Dems are politicking in an election year for partisan advantage, not offering solutions. And by demanding that gun rights of "suspected" terrorists on secret, McCarthyesque lists aren't worthy of Due Process compliance, while ignoring not only radical Islamic terrorism but also the real problems and possible real solutions discussed above, proves it.

Absolutely correct. Both parties are incapable of wheeling nimbly because they're so deeply mired in the past, and the tentacles of their vested interests are so intertwined with the parties' interests. That's why Trump's campaign and now Brexit scares them so much - the populace is beginning to stir, and they don't know how to cope with that. The tactics and positions they relied on since the 1960s don't work any more. Sit ins? C'mon... Damned unruly serfs...

Raineman

On the 3rd box
    Dec 27, 2008
    Eldersburg
    I have to be in court that morning for work, but after that I can make arrangements.

I'd be interested in jumping in on a carpool from the Carroll/Howard area, or if a bunch (or few) MDS'ers want to ride motorcycles down, I'd be in to ride down as long as someone leads, 'cause I am horrible with directions in cities, and I'd be lost in the blink of an eye.

fightinbluhen51

"Quack Pot Call Honker"
    Oct 31, 2008
    What time are you thinking of keeping this going until on the 5th? As of right now, I am scheduled to work that day, but am not opposed to making the trip down from Hazzard co. Anyone up here interested in a car pool? W/ Congress NOT in session, would it be better to wait a few days?

I can write up a little "press release" and send it to the DC news outlets, and give them a little contact info. I doubt they will show, but you never know. Could ping it to Emily Miller. I have someone else that I could privately message it to, to enhance the visibility.

Brain storming here.

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    Anyone heading down can also take the MARC train Southbound train leaves 230 from Perryville and arrives at Union around 410 , last northbound back (above Martins State) is 9pm

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    I really wish I could help out with this one but my daughter is scheduled for surgery that morning. Good luck guys and thank you!

Prayers up for your beautiful daughter!

And so to everyone else, your thoughts and well wishes have done me a world of good as I battle my Stage 4 cancer. Seriously, the best medicine is hanging out with you all, as we did so successfully at the NRA.

Today, it was Chemo Camp for me. Band Camp, Art Camp and Dance Camp were full up, so this was the only summer camp left for me. But they serve "cocktails" first thing in the morning, so all good. This continues until October.

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      59.5 KB · Views: 243

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    OK, let's keep an eye on Steny Hoyer and Donna Edwards trying to organize "gun grabbing" rallies in their districts on Wednesday. Same for other MD Congress jerks. Let's keep an eye on them. I have our signs and flags already packed for a Counter Rally In A Can....

P.S. I won Maryland Chemo today and all I got was this Flashdance armband?

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      86.3 KB · Views: 242
    Last edited:

Adolph Oliver Bush

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 13, 2015
    Keep fightin' the fight Rack. I will do my best to join you in on the 5th. Date sucks, but hangin with you or "Dan from the Eastern Shore" is always a good time. If you run into him, tell him I said hi.

I wish more keyboard commandos would pound the pavement with us. They don't know what a good time they are missing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ESM07

Latest threads

Top Bottom