• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    The DC law stipulates NRA Firearms training. so if those courses don't include that, they might not count anyway

Don't you have to be certified as a Firearms instructor before RSO certification?

TTMD

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2012
    The DC law stipulates NRA Firearms training. so if those courses don't include that, they might not count anyway
    That's what I think, so the basic pistol course is probably the most practical anyway since it's an 8 hour course, & you can usually get out for $85-$125. On the other hand, I don't think it will work for the MD 16 hours requirement.

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    DC accepts NRA firearms training. They don't specifically deny or accept other state's training. You could call them.

DC traing has a live fire component. There is nothing written specifically, but perhaps it would be accepted if you had a live fire component as part of your state CCW training. I would imagine UT might not be accepted since it does not require live fire. But just speculation on my part.

Let us know what they tell you if you call them.

The DC course of fire is 50 rounds at 45 feet with a passing score of 70.[/QUOTE]

Pretty funny considering you'd have a tough time convincing DC that you had to shoot someone in self defense from 45 feet

TTMD

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2012
    Oh, FWIW, the DC CCL instructions also say that you can use a hunting license as a waiver. I guess becuase that requires the hunter ed course which typically includes a live-fire component. So if you have a hunting license (I don't recal that the instructions specifiy any particular states), you may consider using that.

That said, Let me just leave this link right here for your edification, rumination, and extrapolation... http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=132416

But I will say this, if you're going to carry a gun, for Petes sake go ahead and take a course or two so you don't shootchereyeout! Or anyone else's either.

CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    DC Concealed Carry License & Registration FAQ

Breaking news

Someone (not me) appears to have convinced DC officials to allow one spare 10 round magazine.

Spare magazines are critical for many reasons, including as a means to clear malfunctions. As everyone knows, only law abiding DC CCL holders will limit the number of magazines and rounds they carry. Often, when facing multiple attackers such as gang violence or riots, sufficient ammunition can mean the difference between life and death. For this reason DC Police are REQUIRED to carry at least 2 spare magazines on duty.

No one anywhere ever said, I wish I had less ammunition. Criminals of course will continue to commit crimes as they like.

I applaud Chief Lanier, Sgt Hall and the DC Police for adopting this common sense policy, and encourage them to strongly consider removing all limits on the ability of responsible citizens to protect themselves.

2343 AMMUNITION CARRIED BY LICENSEE

2343.1 A person issued a concealed carry license by the Chief, while carrying the pistol, shall not carry more ammunition than is required to fully load the pistol twice, and in no event shall that amount be greater than twenty (20) rounds of ammunition.

2343.2 A person issued a concealed carry license by the Chief may not carry any restricted pistol bullet as that term is defined in the Act.
    Source: http://www.dcregs.dc.gov/Notice/DownLoad.aspx?noticeid=5334241

Last edited:

CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    DC Concealed Carry License & Registration FAQ

Apply!

You don't need a so called "good and substantial" reason or even any training to apply... You just need $75.

Don't just sit there and complain about being one of the Maryland 365, engage, overwhelm the bureaucracy.

Pay the price to demand you rights, or resolve to surrender them forever.

Apply here: http://mpdc.dc.gov/node/929382

Last edited:

CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    I've seen a couple posting on FB preliminary approvals by just listing all lawful purposes as the reason.

The big sticky point IMHO is all the 1000 foot limitations.

See the OP, which I just updated.
    The floodgates are open, permits are flowing.
    The more people who exercise their rights, the stronger our voice and influence.
    Apply here: http://mpdc.dc.gov/node/929382

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    DC Handgun Registration

Is the PD-219 the correct form to use to register the handgun you schlep to 300 Indiana Ave? Looks more like a transfer form, but it's all I can find.

Last edited:

TTMD

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2012
    Is the PD-219 the correct form to use to register the handgun you schlep to 300 Indiana Ave? Looks more like a transfer form, but it's all I can find.

Yes, that's my understanding. I filled out everything except the buyer section.

And schlep carefully my friend!

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    The entire idea of bringing a gun there you can identify by make, model number and serial number is crazy. I listened to a hearing that was posted, and council for DC explained they need to see it so you don't make a mistake entering serial number. One judge replies "well can't the employee recording it make a mistake too" :lol2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom