• ...and so much more!
  • cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    2017 Commissioning week activities
    http://www.visitannapolis.org/events/annual/commissioning-week

• Tuesday (5/23), over the Severn River at 11:00 am - 1:00 pm for circle and arrival, and at 1:45 pm - 4:00 pm for a flight rehearsal.
    • Wednesday (5/24), over the Severn River at 1:45 pm - 4:00 pm for a flight demonstration.
    • Friday (5/26), above the Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium for the time-honored graduation flyover.

(Dupe of WC thread with bad Title)

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    Here's the rest of the WC thread responses
    I have not been down to this before, any good spots to go that aren't too populated and fairly unobstructed? I have been on the roof of AAMC before and seen them, but I am not sure if that is a good spot this year or not.

Mark

On a boat, in the river.

River is closed to boat traffic from mouth of river to Rt.50 bridge during performances/practices.

Sent from my SM-J320P using Tapatalk

I go every year for the last three.

Tell that to the hundreds of other boats.

They must have changed the regs 'cause used to be between Coasties, Navy YPs, NRP, and FD boats you didn't dare.....but it has been several years since I was involved.

Sent from my SM-J320P using Tapatalk

During the 1:45-400 rehearsal how much of it is actual flight? My son would love it but I'm not sure if it's worth driving down unless it's pretty action packed and you could see most of it from a single vantage point.

Anywhere on land to see this?

There are lots of good places on land to view, up and down the Severn (best on the far side of [edit: Rte. 2 Rte. 450, Naval Academy] Bridge, across from NA), downtown Napland, Back Creek at the mouth of the Severn, etc. Even as far away as the South River/Edgewater you'll see at least half a dozen low passes, and Fat Albert circles around the area before the show.

They fly in at 10:30-11:00 and goof off for an hour or so, couple years ago number 5 buzzed our raft up. The later time, theyou fly their full show, complete with Fat Albert.

One of the very special things I enjoy about the area. Take the kids anytime I can.

It's all flight. That's what they do!

It is quite the floating party. Some links I found on the interwebz:

The view from the air above Annapolis. Around 6:55 and 9:31 you can get a good look at the boats anchored-out for the show.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nM_ZB7jqxz8****

The view from a boat at the show. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRDQ7adLXtg*

Just a side note the Blue Angels along with a F-22 Raptor will be at the Ocean City Air Show this year, June 17-18. They perform over the beach at 15th street. If you were to go down the 15-16 I imagine they practice to a much smaller crowd. Not a big fan of O.C. but laying slugged across the beach watching these guys is a nice way to spend the day.

The Tuesday rehearsal is not a full show. They will do some maneuvers and the solos will do a ton of passes, but mostly it's for timing and getting their reference points down. Wednesday will be the full show.
    You can park at USNA Stadium and take the shuttle over to the Academy. You can walk across a bridge and get a riverfront seat at The Severn river.
    Watch out for the sneak pass, it comes from the left. Low and hauling ass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's a bad ass show

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    BWI traffic has disappeared, and windows just rattled on the South River.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Standing underneath the Angels on an Eastport dock

If I remember correctly they do some flybys before lunch, take a lunch break and then come back for more

Attachments

• IMG_7803.jpg
      IMG_7803.jpg
      51.2 KB · Views: 233

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Low cloud deck today meant the Blue Angels performed their Flat Show, but heck that's what I prefer. The big loop-de-loops not so much.

Attachments

• IMG_7844.jpg
      IMG_7844.jpg
      46.8 KB · Views: 122

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    Today's the last day to see the show. Hopefully, the clouds will disappear and open skies will allow for the full show.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom