• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Getting parts together for 12.5" setup,still reviewing muzzle devices. Will post pics when complete.

Maybe look at the Black River Tactical comp? It does mild flash suppression also. Not as good as an A2, but it seems to be in the same ballpark at least. And it is a linear comp, so it’ll push the concussion down range more.

If you are intending to make a rapid fire flash bang device that happens to also fling lead, maybe not the best bet. But if it is to make it more comfortable, a good way to go maybe. I haven’t seen any videos or reviews of the BRT comp in .308, but a lot of it in 5.56 and 6.8SPC and lots of complimentary things.

I just ordered one for my 16” .223 to see how well it works compared to a Kaw KVP. Love the KVPs, but the do almost nothing for flash and I wanted some amount of flash reduction. So I am trying it out on my 16” HD rifle and if it works well I’ll swap out the KVP on my 18” 6.5 grendel deer rifle and plan to install one on my 18” .308 AR-10 deer rifle build also. The KVPs would go on the stuff where I care less about low light flash, like my 20” Precision AR-15 in .223 and the 24” 6.5G build I have going on (the 20” currently has a KVP).

One interesting thing was this https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1WhbyrvAvEU

Seems to be about 2.5-3.5dB reduction at the shooter’s ear for rifle calibers and a TON for pistol caliber. That’s not world’s different, but that is half as loud. Or another way to put it, fuxing your hearing half as much on each shot. Since I tend not to wear ears deer hunting and it’ll be awhile before I get a .30cal can, seems worthwhile to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom