Now it starts to leak out, Dayton shooter was left, for gun bans, and pro-Antifa

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    "That's what led us to hypothesize that media may be playing a role."

Gosh... really?

Now here is a pithy little article that brings up what could be a significant factor:

Could the INCEL Community be Propelling Mass Shooters?

For the uninitiated, INCEL is a contraction, meaning ‘Involuntary Celibate.’ This is a polite way of saying that someone, through lack of social skills, financial status, or physical attributes, couldn’t get a date at a cathouse. INCELs are a real thing, folks. They have very populous message boards in their own little corner of the dark web, as well as on the mainstream Internet (these apparently began as support groups, but have since morphed into the cancer they currently are). They talk to each other, egg each other on and encourage each other.

And they support one another in their pathologies. Based on what's seen on these sites now, they don't tell each other to stand up straight, comb their hair, or put on clean underwear in order to win the heart of the girl. They instead just affirm each other in their resentments, intensifying them.

...What we have here, however, is an entire community of self-defined Quasimodos, who not only blame the entire outside world for their lonely, unromantic, sexually unfulfilled lives, but who also expend a great deal of energy reinforcing that resentment in other members ... They even promote violence as an acceptable response to their frustrations, though they aren't overt about it. A little reading, though, pretty well allows one to spot the clever metaphors.

...Connor Betts’s story will quickly disappear from the MSM, because, except for being white, he checks none of the boxes that would make him useful to the leftist agenda. When reading up on the INCEL community, however, one quickly realizes that he would fit right into such a group, scarcely raising an eyebrow in the process. To the best of my knowledge, there is no direct evidence linking Betts to one of these groups, but when it comes to checking boxes, he scores almost perfectly, as do many of the other recent mass shooters.

Read more: https://www.americanthinker.com/art...e_propelling_mass_shooters.html#ixzz5xE6vUPJW

Pale Ryder

Ultimate Member
    Jan 12, 2009
    Millersville
    Pretty good hypothesis.
    I wonder now if MGTOW's (Men going their own way) is made up of former INCEL's that got laid and decided the juice ain't worth the squeeze? :) Both seem vehemently anti-female.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Problem: Media spreads mass murder contagion.

Solution: Ban media.

Certainly restrain them from hyping these stories.

This mental disease is spread by irresponsible greed of media owners/operators using shock will increase attention and therefore ad revenue. They know full well the results of trumpeting news of mass slaughter. exactly like tobacco companies knowing and using their knowledge of nicotine's addictive nature to move more product.

It's time to recognise contributory inflammation of the body politic, and put a stop to irresponsible behaviors. This goes to the heart of First Amendment restrictions on causing harm.

MigraineMan

Ultimate Member
    Jun 9, 2011
    Frederick County
    Maybe reporters could be licensed, you know, like drivers and cars ... mandatory training, periodic safety inspections, etc. And news outlets could be limited to 10 stories a day. Nobody needs more than 10 stories a day to know what's going on around them ...

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    Interesting read

I think it should get more attention.

Remember that dweeb in Santa Barbara a few years ago? He was explicit in saying his motivation was hatred and rage arising from his inability to get laid.

That dweeb is a cult hero to those people.

Apparently a lot of other shooters fit the pattern, too, and some others have been pretty open about it.

Read the article I linked. It is a short, quick read, but it links to more detailed articles.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Randomly :

Watch out now that any male not 1000 %parroting radical feminist doctrine will be labeled a potential mass killer, and be redflagged for grumbling about stuck up b****s .

While the MGTOW, etc are extreme , I'll be interested in some of our semi- younger single members comment on the state of modern era vanilla dating / picking up consenting women in the swipe left/ swipe right era when women recieve massive number of responses online .

The writer of the linked piece made a throwaway chuckle about " getting a date in a cathouse " . You could make a case that having Nevada or Australia style options for commercial companionship would provide a useful outlet for people with either less than rich , famous, or suave , or their schedules don't leave much opportunities to cruise singles bars .

ngman

MDS Supporter
    Apr 19, 2013
    Western Howard County
    Maybe reporters could be licensed, you know, like drivers and cars ... mandatory training, periodic safety inspections, etc. And news outlets could be limited to 10 stories a day. Nobody needs more than 10 stories a day to know what's going on around them ...

and don't forget the 7 day wait for the fact checking!

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    I would LOVE for Trump to suggest background checks and licenses for journalists.

When their heads explode, he would then double down and insist he is serious.

Tie all gun legislation to First Amendment infringements. Pass a law linking them: any Second Amendnent infringement must include a corresponding First Amendment restriction.

Problem is, they would go for it, yes they would. Especially the "International Community." Canada, Britain, Europe, etc. think BOTH the First and the Second are pernicious restrictions on the Government's Prerogatives.

Still, it would be great if Trump did it...

MigraineMan

Ultimate Member
    Jun 9, 2011
    Frederick County
    Submitted to whitehouse.gov:
    Mr. President,
    Please consider suggesting a license/qualification structure for journalists. With the recent proliferation of Fake News, it is only common-sense that we ensure the integrity and veracity of information published by news outlets. Journalists could be required to swear an oath to facts (not "truth,") complete an Integrity in Journalism course, demonstrate a live-writing exercise, and subject themselves to periodic fact-ground checks before publishing articles. News organizations should be restricted to 10 news stories per day ... who needs more than 10 news stories to consider themselves properly informed? Additionally, news organizations should abide by a 7-day waiting period to fact-check and otherwise "cool off" before publishing potentially inflammatory stories. It's common sense. It's for the children. It's for the adults, too. It's the right thing to do.

Best regards,
    MM

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    Most people would not realize you're making an analogy to existing Second Amendment infringements.

You should include sonething to make that clear.

randomuser

Ultimate Member
    Nov 12, 2018
    Baltimore County
    Most people would not realize you're making an analogy to existing Second Amendment infringements.

LOL. Yeah, right.

I can see it now.

Government licensing for anyone reporting anything on youtube. Great way to collect more tax money for a license. That's the only thing a politician would get out of it. Or another way they can think to shape an agenda.

I do like it as a 2nd amendment analogy. Definitely needs the disclaimer though. It almost slipped by me while reading it. The 10 article thing was funny.

WatTyler

Ultimate Member

Part of me wishes people would start agitating for mandatory registration, training and waiting periods for the press, free speech, religion and the right of petition just to point out the fallacies of restricting Second Amendment rights. The trouble is, lots of people would start agreeing that such common sense steps would be desirable. It's for the children, you know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom