• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Thunder239

Feb 10, 2014
    45 days today since application accepted. Still no updates on the LD website.

Sh00bs

Jul 15, 2016
    mine was accepted yesterday. we'll see what happens...

Thunder do you know if the investigator has reached out to the contacts you provided ?

Thunder239

Feb 10, 2014
    mine was accepted yesterday. we'll see what happens...

Thunder do you know if the investigator has reached out to the contacts you provided ?

Mine took 4 weeks from the time it was accepted until the interview. My references were contacted a couple days prior to my interview and 3 of the 4 were contacted in addition to my spouse. The reference who was not contacted was the last one on my list. I guess they were satisfied with what they heard from the first 3.

Once you meet with the investigator you will be told if your paper work is accepted or not and will be given further instructions such as the notice I previously posted.

Thunder239

Feb 10, 2014
    Received notification of final disposition today and that I will receive it in the mail in 5 - 7 business days and that I could check the LD portal for status.
    48 days - APPROVED!

mic

Jan 30, 2014
    Congrats, Thunder! What part of the state are you in? Where did you do your interview?

FatTony

Aug 2, 2015
    Carroll County
    Interview at the Westminster barracks and was provided the same bullet point letter that Thunder329 received. Approved yesterday with category changed to personal protection.
    48 days from application excepted to approved.
    :banana:

Thunder239

Feb 10, 2014
    Interview at the Westminster barracks and was provided the same bullet point letter that Thunder329 received. Approved yesterday with category changed to personal protection.
    48 days from application excepted to approved.
    :banana:

Probably same investigator...Congrats!

mic

Jan 30, 2014
    Nice work, Tony. Curious, what do you mean by "category changed to personal protection." Who made that change? And with that change, did your permit come with no restrictions?

ST19AG_WGreymon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 16, 2009
    Odenton
    10/23- Application submitted
    10/28- Application accepted
    12/12- Interview completed
    12/16- Disposition e-mail received. Changed from Assumed Risk to Personal Protection, valid while employed with the DoD.

Disposition means it'll be in the mail soon?

FatTony

Aug 2, 2015
    Carroll County
    Nice work, Tony. Curious, what do you mean by "category changed to personal protection." Who made that change? And with that change, did your permit come with no restrictions?

The licensing division advised to apply using the assumed risk category. When reviewing the approved application it stated disapprove next to assumed risk and the block for personal protection checked as approved. Same as Thunder239
    No restrictions. Valid while employed by DOD.

Mack C-85

R.I.P.
    Jan 22, 2014
    Littlestown, PA
    Congrats, Guys!!

With the "While employed by DoD" leads me to believe the LD still believes that the Men in Black are real, and they clear the memories of everyone who leaves the employment of DoD.

Hey, MSP LD, and I know your watching, there's a legitimate reason why we cleared personnel have a LIFETIME obligation to protect that information!!!

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk

Dec 17, 2019
    Mine was approved in 35 days. Interviewed at the Jessup barracks. They interviewed me and spoke to all references and my spouse the same day, was approved next day. Personal Protection - valid while employed with the DoD

CZ4ME

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 12, 2014
    Approval

Congrats to All on your approval!

If you don't mind me asking a question, was the interview a panel or a single investigator?

Dec 17, 2019

If you don't mind me asking a question, was the interview a panel or a single investigator?

It was just a single investigator that completed the entire review including speaking to references. Very minimal questions were asked as I explained my role and concerns very well in the application and my FSO provided a strong clearance letter. Was basically in the office with the investigator for 5 minutes.

onedash

Ultimate Member
    Feb 24, 2016
    Calvert County
    I finally got the letter from my security manager today and forwarded it to investigator. All my references and my wife have been called already. it has been very easy so far. I also checked assumed risk but that wasn't mentioned during my interview at all.

onedash

Ultimate Member
    Feb 24, 2016
    Calvert County
    This was the letter the investigator gave me to give to my security manager.

Attachments

• letter.jpg
      letter.jpg
      66.9 KB · Views: 487

Thunder239

Feb 10, 2014

Single investigator for me also. Basically went down the list of questions on the application. Also asked the last time I was in a fist fight, which I found humorous.:rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rifleman

Latest threads

Top Bottom