Anywhere to shoot steel outdoors near Bethesda?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HumbleEinstein

May 31, 2012
    Falls Church, VA
    I'm an annual member at Gilbert, but I feel like I really need to get outside and shoot at multiple steel targets. It would give me the opportunity to do the type of IDPA training that I haven't been able to do yet. I live in Bethesda and I can't go too far because I have young kids. Does such a place exist anywhere close by? To complicate things further, I would prefer to pay per visit because I doubt I would be able to go very often. I would be really grateful for specific recommendations.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    prob about an hour of bethesda, www.340defense.com range out below charles town, wv, right on rt 340. they have a bunch of steel set up, incluidng plate rack and dueling trees, some poppers, etc. i believe it's $20/hr or $300/yr. 15 yard bay, 50 yd bay, 100yd and 400yd bays.

if you go during the week and you can get a bay to yourself, they don't mind some movement. can always draw from holster. a safe but fun place to shoot.

and regarding idpa training, nothing better than just shooting some idpa matches! i get little to no practice in, and just treat the current idpa and uspsa matches as training for the next ones.

Ganegrei

Comblock Convert
    Jun 23, 2011
    Somewhere in BoCo
    Not necessarily true. Stemmer's Run runs a steel bowling pin match on the pistol range once a month. The next date is Saturday, November 10 from noon-5pm.

Yes I know about the Stemmers Run Pin shoots. My own club runs 200 yard high power steel shoots from time to time. But I think the OP wanted to go on his own schedule.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom